Hab or Marriott?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I don't go to camp because of the showers. I wish I was there right now. I wish they gave me a discount, but to keep revenue up with reservations down, I don't think they're going to be handing many out now. I guess I'll end up paying full price, but I am going to go back this year.
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well while true that noone goes to camp because of the showers it is a nice luxury to have a little privaxy when you take a shower.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

LB206 wrote:To me Hab 1 was never too bad. The showers had rivacy. Plus i always got up early enough to avoid the lines for the showers. The only shower i didnt like in hab 1 was what appeared to have once baan a big open shower room that they had divided up with curtains. There was only 1 big bench to put stuff on it was hard to tell when and where a shower space was open and there was verry little privacy.
two of the showers on the girls floor are the big rooms with curtains like that, the other has 5 seperate stalls, but the drain in that one was like screwed up and the water didnt go down well and it got all over the floor so if you had anything on the floor it got soaked and there was no bench, just a hook. so yeah. most of the time we took showers in the big room one, since there were only 4 of us we could spread out and it was fine, and since we generally came in later than the academy kids and had a later lights out, there were never lines and it was just us 4 girls so that was nice.
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

haha i thought this was funny, about the marriot, a bunch of parents came with the group of kids from oregon, so during the little talk at the beginning about the emergencys and stuff when they talk about having to go into hab2 if there was a tornado or something..some little kid was like what about my parents at the marriot? and pyro was like "theyre dead" haha. the little kid looked so horrified..but i thought it was funny.. i'm mean like that though.
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i cant complain too much about the big shower. I only had to use it once at ASA although i used one like it in hab 2 every time when i was at camp. But the one time at asa was more my own fault. The guys in my room always woke up early to avoid a line at any of the showers. And most of the time it wasnt a problem because for friday saturday and sunday there were only 4 asa teams and a couple parent child teams there since we were there on an off week that started on wednesday. Well the last morning we had planned to get up early mainly because the day before a new session had started and the hab was now full. But the day before was also out edm that ran fairly late that night so when our alarm went off that morning someone through it across the room and we all slept in till the counselor came and woke us up. Needless to say the lines were long at all the showers.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador