Schools

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Schools

Post by shenandoah04 »

Who here goes where, and lives where, etc? I know it says the towns on the profile, but whatever. What's life like wherever ya are? Lemme know.
I'm shouting out from Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, Georgia. I haven't been here long so I can't give an accurate depiction of the place, but if anyone wants to know what Alpharetta's like, PM me:) Or ask it here:)
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

ok.........i go to Wyoming Seminary Upper School in Kingston, PA

it's fun......b/c i'm in charge of rocket club........
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I no longer attend school... although sometimes I wish I did because I do not get to see my friends as often now and I no longer get summer holiday, but it is nice because I do not have to to homework, revisions or examinations! YAY!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

Sam-
Seminary school? Sounds very awesome. :)
Jennifer-
You no longer attend school... work?... homeschool? No homework or tests... sigh, you're living the life!!!;) But I can see missing the friends. I just moved off to college, and very few people I know are here.
Alpharetta, since that would be something I actually know something about, is a really nice town. I just graduated from Milton High School (
http://www.miltonhighschool.com ), and it was awesome. The school was 80 something years old, and I had 3 classes in the hallway that first served as the original school building back in 1921!!! It's just north of Atlanta, about 30-45 minutes, usually. Although with our traffic that's never a certainty.
It's not the most interesting town ever, but I really enjoyed it. All... 12 years I lived there.
K, laters~
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I go to fargo north high. Its a good school and i take mostly all APs except my math but its very focused on sports, i mean REALLY focused on sports. like everyone in my school is in at least one sport. its great though cuz theres never a lack of things to watch every night. and gym class is a blast because of all the athletic facilites we have.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Yes... I am old :P I graduated secondary school in 2000 - the class of zero/nothing! I attended university classes for a year before I transferred to technical school for two years.

I must say, technical school was the best thing I ever did! Where else do they let you go on field trips, construct skis for a bicycle (and test them on the ski hill), have routine egg drops, a class dedicated to problem solving, instructors who believe that you do not have to hand in an assignment unless they handed your previous one back, and open book exams! Not to mention class sizes of 20 to 25 pupils, tuition was only half that of university, and I found a great job before I even graduated.

Okay... I'm done boasting about technical school now...

I do take classes every now and then for my part-time job at the aquatics centre - first aid, springboard diving technique, swimming mechanics, etc. but they only last a weekend at most.
- Jennifer -
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

hi

Post by shenandoah04 »

Lol. APs sound like a lotta fun... I was in four in high school, and none of them counted :? They were alotta fun though and I enjoyed them so I guess they were worth it.
Hehe. My school's sports were another thing... actually, we were good in most things that don't get much attention in the south, but football?... hehe forget it. Everyone still came out to support the team, 'cause we had a lot of school spirit, despite any scores that woud suggest otherwise.
And we were good in band! 8) which I was not in but it was still very cool.

Jennifer-
AH. Lemme go check something in a minute... the forum about pictures.... weren't you the one in the red Canada cap? How old is that picture!?!? WOW.... I'd have never guessed!!!
I have heard that technical school is really fun. I had a friend here in GA who went to one in NC somewhere, and he loves it and never shuts up about it, which is cool. And understandable.
Aquatics centre part time job.... that. is. socool. I love swimming, but I actually don't get to do it often, since my mom hated pools and never really wanted to go when I was in hs (and I couldn't go alone), and now that I'm in college, I kinda have time, I guess... I mean, I AM online... (hehe, but I'm more of an internet junkie than anything else, and I DID have hw to get from online too;))... but I'm still not swimming!... grrr.
Lol.
Aight, laterz~
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

Sam-
Seminary school? Sounds very awesome.
my school's called sem..but it's not a religious school...i love sem i've gone there for 11 years
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

SamM wrote:
Sam-
Seminary school? Sounds very awesome.
my school's called sem..but it's not a religious school...i love sem i've gone there for 11 years
Lol, yeah, I was wondering if it was religious...:) 11 years... wow. long time. It must be good- K-12?
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

Ive been at my school for 6 years and im def ready to graduate...wait its been 7 years
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
spacemusician
Camper
Camper

Post by spacemusician »

...wow sara
The thing that drives me most is that people tell me that ill never be an astronaut. My love and passion for space will lead me to new heights, hopefully back to the moon or mars.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

The picture is from July 2003, just over a year ago, and I have not changed much, if at all, since then. Yes I am the one wearing the red cap... yes I look young... I am 21 but most people guess I am about 15 or 16. It should be interesting going to an ADULT camp... My relatives joke that they will take a look at me and put me into the youth camp - ha! (I have had problems with people disbelieving my ID before. Thus, I am bringing my driving license and my passport.)

And you should go swimming - it is a great way to fill in the gaps between morning and afternoon classes. If your school has a pool you can probably use it for free - yay!
- Jennifer -
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

USF!!! The weather's great (if you can deal with the hurricanes and alligators) and they're actually paying me to go there. :D
Ad astra per aspera.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

They pay you to go there? Do you mean they give you a job while you are there, or the amount of your scholarships is greater than your tuition? I'm befuddled...
- Jennifer -
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

SpaceCanada wrote:They pay you to go there? Do you mean they give you a job while you are there, or the amount of your scholarships is greater than your tuition? I'm befuddled...
They kinda tossed a whole bunch of scholarships my way. Extra money goes in pocket. It's crazy.
Ad astra per aspera.
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

now that's really cool
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

While college is really cool and all i have three hours of time in which i dont have anything better to do than sit around. I end up going through a lot of books that way. So since there were computers open in the library today and i didnt have anything better to do i thought i would come and post here for ya'll to read. What do you guys do when you're stuck at school with nothing to do? Maybe i'm the only one with this problem.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

lol. i know that problem oh too well.
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

stuck at school with nothing to do... i, unfortunatly never have had this problem
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

theres always stuff to do...like homework. but you have to admit. after eight hours straight with no breaks of working and having to focus (if you know me, that latter's issue applies to me more. lol) you really dont want to sit down for another two to three hours to do homework or read.
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.