mission space ride

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

spacemusician
Camper
Camper

mission space ride

Post by spacemusician »

i saw a commercial for the mission space ride at epcot today. It looked kidna cool but i was wondering if anyone has been on it or even heard of it before
The thing that drives me most is that people tell me that ill never be an astronaut. My love and passion for space will lead me to new heights, hopefully back to the moon or mars.
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

i remember people talking about it on here...but i could only find this...

http://hab1.com/HabForum/viewtopic.php?t=714

and lol, benji is the only one who responded to himself. but, take it for all its worth. lol.
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
spacemusician
Camper
Camper

Post by spacemusician »

thanks meg
The thing that drives me most is that people tell me that ill never be an astronaut. My love and passion for space will lead me to new heights, hopefully back to the moon or mars.
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

no problem!

but hey, has anyone (besides benji....lol we know what you think about it.) been on the ride?

chris, weren't you going there sometime?
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to move on.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

A mate of mine went to EPCOT the week they were offering a sneak preview of the exhibit. He went on the ride, got the 'mission patch' and everything - he even sent me an e-card which was a movie of him waving and walking on Mars or something of the like - very cool!

He said the ride was pretty good, and that the information was accurate due to NASA's co-operation with HP and Disney. I read a huge article about the ride, including how HP has written the programmes for te ride in such a way that they can be updated as current events happen. Thus, if something in the ride or exhibit becomes outdated, they just change the programme and all is well again.

I heard more aout it too - but you can go to the Disney website and read all about it on your own.

(I'd love to visit Florida again, especially KSC and EPCOT!)

PS - Disneyland had a really nice NASA exhibit while I was there in May 2003 - right next door to the Star Wars' 'Star Tours' ride.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

Hey....Mission Space is amazing!!!!

I was there for the official opening of the ride..they had a bunch of astronauts there..like Jim Lovell, Gordo Cooper, Bruce McCandless, and more!......it was awesome because I went on the ride with them and I talked to them when they got off the ride.......they said that the launch is very realistic (you pull a couple gs on the ride :lol:) it's without a doubt my favorite ride in disney world...........i went on it 4 times in one day! It's so much fun.......the awesome thing was also that when i went i got to meet all of the astronauts that were there and Sean O'Keefe...and all of them said that the ride is awesome........and i agree..Mission Space rocks!
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

sounds cool.

My favorite ride in disney world is the Peter Pan ride, hehe. im such a little kid! but epcot is sweet. ive been there twice. once before they got rid of some stuff in 1997. good times
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

i liked the teacups. lol, though ive only been once and that was in second grade. so that might explain it... :D
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to move on.
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

I went to Disneyland 7 years ago but I've never been to Disney World. I want to go there though.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

when i was in california last year my parents took us to disneyland. i didnt enjoy it. at all. it was for little kids so all i did was go on the indiana jones ride like 15 times.
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Really? I was at Disneyland and California Adventure last year and had a wonderful time. Sure, many of the rides and attractions are geared towards the younger crowd, but there are a lot of great attractions for the 'mature' crowd too. I do, however, recommend California Adventure over Disneyland for non-kids if you are only going for one day.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

i wanted to go to california adventure.......but i've never been on the west coast....my aunt and uncle live in california so maybe i'll go someday..well hopefully soon b/c i have to look at stanford
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

hehe i just got mail from stanford today
:D
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

So what're the chances we can get some cool new stuff at camp by cooperating with HP? Eh? Eh?
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."
spacemusician
Camper
Camper

Post by spacemusician »

like the nascar thing?
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

kill that STUPID NASCAR IMAX

except for the car racing game things..that was fun I ALMOST BEAT JERRY!!!

he tried to kill me!
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
spacemusician
Camper
Camper

Post by spacemusician »

haha that was when mufasa lost his wallet poor thing
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

I went on Mission:SPACE in April and liked it, but after Space Academy in Sept., everything else seems anticlimactic. I did expect Mission:SPACE to be more challenging; while it was fun, I've been on roller coasters (and the centrifuge at AC) that I thought pushed me more. In fact, I thought the Test Track ride at EPCOT was more intense! It is nice that you and your fellow riders have some input into the ride, but again, this is much less than you get to do at Space Academy.

My mom was on the EPCOT trip with me, and while I was on Mission:SPACE, she was talking to some people outside that got sick from it, but I honestly don't see how you could get sick on it. I even went back on it after I ate a big lunch, just to be sure! Then again, I don't have problems with motion sickness. I've heard rumors that they've turned down the intensity of the ride from what it was in the beginning, because too many people were getting sick (and forcing more clean-up time than desired!), but I'm not sure how true they are.

I did go crazy in the gift shop...got some astronaut ice cream, patch, mini astronaut figure, pens and note pads for co-workers, a Mickey astronaut on Mars sculpture, and a stuffed Mickey in space suit who is just too cute. I also made the little movie you can email to friends...mine was me falling off the LM ladder onto the moon!

My foremost thought after getting off Mission:SPACE was, "If I think this ride is cool, Space Academy is going to ROCK"! And it did! So, bottom line, if you're going to EPCOT anyway, definitely go on it, but I wouldn't make the trip just for Mission:SPACE.

On a related note, has anyone gone on the Astronaut Training Experience at the Astronaut Hall of Fame next to KSC? I know it's part of the old Space Camp - can anyone say how it compares? I've heard real astronauts sometimes serve as "counselors"; now that would be cool! -C
Adult Space Academy Sept. 24-26, 2004
Sailorgirl32489
Camper
Camper

Post by Sailorgirl32489 »

Mission: SPACE is a pretty good ride, they did in fact bump down the intensity after it had been opened to the public for a bit, evidently America has weak tummies, im not sure if they still do this or not, but i know it use to be the only ride that included barf bags for the riders, lol
~Jenni~

Space Camp, Fl ~ Intrepid 2000
Space Academy, AL ~ Atlas 2002
Advanced Space Academy, AL~ Von Braun 2004
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Wow. Thats uh.......... charming.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over