My Trip to the Space Coast

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

My Trip to the Space Coast

Post by Benji »

I just got back from Cocoa Beach, FL., where I attended the National Space Club Florida Committee monthly meeting. It was worth the trip. There were some important people there, the president of Space.com, for example.

Jim Kennedy, the new director of KSC was there as the keynote speaker. He talked about the CAIB findings and what was going on at KSC.

At my table, there was an engineer who's equipment has flown in space. As it turns out, he is a Space Camp alumnus and was very interested in Hab1.com. I expect him to join soon.

So, that was my trip. Exhilarating, huh?
Ad astra per aspera.
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

oo cocoa beach is nice. i was there a couple weeks ago. sounds like you had a good time. national space club. sweet.
when i was there i visited the kennedy space center..i loved it. but i really hated the tour. on the stupid bus . our driver was like driving me insane. we were sitting up front and he was talking sooo slow . adn repeated him self a million times. but it was so cool because one of the crawlers was moving and it liek coming back toward the vehical assembally building and it was just cool. so friggen slow. there was supposed to be a rocket launch that night but it got really stormy so they postponed it for the next night when we were back in vermont. i would have had more fun if they let me off the bus and let me walk around the whole restricted area place alone. haa. i was really disapointed with the 'imax' theater. it was a really small screen.
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Should have come to Tampa, we have one of the few domed IMAX theatres in the world. Any IMAX movie there is awesome, especially, of course, the space ones. A lot of people get sick in there. They had one movie about sea creatures and they had a shot from the ship and the waves made it rock...
Ad astra per aspera.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I have seen a lot of Imax movies and i actually think i like the set up at USSRC the best. Though the one at the museum in hastings nebraska is pretty nice as well...
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I like ours at MOSI because they often host events on the roof. I remember when I was younger going to New Year's Eve sleepovers with a party on top and then sleeping around the projector area or around the museum. That was fun 'cause there are a lot of nooks and crannies, especially in one exhibit...
Ad astra per aspera.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Um... what were you doing in these nooks and crannys? lol
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
stargazer0105
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by stargazer0105 »

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Advanced Space Academy -July 13-19, 2002-Armstrong-Pilot
Advanced Space Academy -June 28-July 4, 2003-Von Braun-Pilot
ASA 12 day June 26-July 8, 2005
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Geez, you people have the most twisted minds :roll: All the kids competed somewhat to find the coolest place to sleep. Some liked to go away from the crowd so that the counselors wouldn't find them. I slept under this glass dome in a section about ants or the ground or something like that.
Ad astra per aspera.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

OH jeez...... That was excactly what i was thinking *rolls eyes*... That was kinda one of those things that requred prior knowledge lol..
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

haha you know you cant say nooks and crannys without me having something to say about it. I mean that is the most logical conclusion most any teenager would come to...duh
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Yeah, but you have to remember that I was a little kid. I wasn't even thinkin' 'bout that stuff. Geez.
Ad astra per aspera.