I'm baaaaaaack!

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

I'm baaaaaaack!

Post by Benji »

I'm back from my trip to Cincinnatti, and I thought I'd give you all a nice (and my that I mean very long and very boring) account of my trip:

On the way up, I got a first class upgrade, which I graciously "gave" to my mother. My dad got one too, and so my brother sat up there as well. At least they were in a different cabin and didn't bug us.

We were one of the first guests there and I said hi to my family (at least the ones that I recognized) as they arrived.

The rehearsal dinner (I still don't know why they call it that) was the next night (Sat.) at Tickets, a sports "cafe" in Covington, Kentucky. I spent a few hours helping my aunt (mother of the groom) set it up. My uncle (groom's father) had me do some videography with his camcorder, but mostly I sat around with my cousin Jamie and caught up (though I never remember meeting her before, I'm sure I have). We got bored and we were tired, so we walked back to the Marriott, our hotel. My cousins Joy and Samantha came in around midnight and I talked to them for a few hours in the hospitality sweet. Sam, Joy's daughter, is from Vegas and she told me about the proms she went to. I wished I lived in Vegas. She's a party girl and I'd have a blast hanging out with her. Many of Seth's (my cousin and the groom) friends came in and I enjoyed meeting them.

Sunday morning, I got up early (10 am) and went down to see who was around. My aunt Eve came. She had injured her ankle the day before and we in a wheelchair. I made her coffee and we talked until I noticed people coming out of Jamie's room. It was her mom and younger sisters (Marley and Maddie). I said hi, but I went back to talk to other people who were coming down. Sam came and we went to the pool to visit Marley and Maddie. Marley was running on the treadmill (1 3/4 mi at 6 min/mile). Maddie was swimming, but the pool was too cold (as I'd found out the day before, when I went to do some laps) and the jacuzzie was too hot (not for me, I went in after my attempt at swimming on Saturday). We went back up to the second floor (where the hospitality suite and Jamie's room was) and Jamie (who is a competetor for Sam's "Sweatpants Queen" title) was there. We watched several movies on TV and pay-per-view. At four, I left so they could get ready (women always take too long. They had started several hours earlier).

The wedding was nice and then was the reception. I got stuck next to my brother, who was quite rude. I couldn't hear any of my cousins' conversations across the table and Austin (brother) blew bubbles into everyone's food (esp. my water, as I found out when I was choking). I ended up passing notes with Maddie (who is in 3rd grade) across the table as Jamie played with my Palm Pilot. And no, I didn't really enjoy passing notes to Maddie (which is short for Madiline, but I can't spell it), but she apparently did.

Weintrop (a Navy JAG laywer that I was friends with) wanted me to dance with some of the girls at my table, until he found out that they were my cousins. (NOTE: there is nothing wrong with dancing with cousins, but he was suggesting I make a move. Although my female cousins (esp. Sam) are quite beautiful, I really wasn't interested in hooking up with them b/c, well, they're my cousins.) I went back around midnight because the music was lound and I was bored and tired. Jamie agreeded with me, but her mom wouldn't let her go.

There was a post-wedding luncheon Monday that about 50 people attended. Drew's (my cousin, grooms brother) very hot and very nice girlfriend caught the bouquet. People started leaving not too long after. The new couple was off to Greece after a long drive to Boston. My brother and mother were already on a plane back to Tampa (in coach). I said my goodbyes and wished we had more family get-togethers like this.

I was one of the last to leave which I hate. Everybody else wa gone and I was sitting there by myself, the fun being over. This happens to me at camp, too. I came back first-class (thanks to being delayed in Buffalo once) and actually got a meal! It was a fun trip.

During the trip, though, my whole cousin system got messed up. My first cousins were peviously all guys and my second cousins were all girls. I found out I had a male second cousin and Suzzanna (a doctor), the bride, became my first cousin. This now completely leaves me stranded when I try to determine who's family, though I think I'll remember a lot of them this time.

If you're still reading this, I'm very surprise. I didn't actually think anybody could do that. This has to be more boring that War and Peace, and infinetly longer.
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

ZZZZZZZZZ huh what oh your done. Wow that was a long description.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I know, I'm sorry. :(

Wait, you didn't actually read it, did you?
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I tied really but its almost 2 am. Adnd im trying to get through all the new messages and i'm tired.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador