War

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

War

Post by Benji »

What did y'alls think about the President's speech? Should we take out Iraq?

Personally, I think the longer we delay, the more time we're giving Saddam to prepare. As soon as we attack, we're going to be attacked. If Saddam uses chemical or biological weapons, then the world will know that he's been lying and support us. I think that he'll do something that doesn't point directly at him. He's probably been funding Al Qaueda cells, or something of the sort, and they are planning some sort of assault.

Saddam is an [insert favorite explicitive here]. He doesn't play by the rules. Sure, all's fair in love and war, but this guy really pisses me off. For instrance when he surrounded his palace with women and children and then yelled at us for attacking innocent people! He's got so many nasty tricks up his sleeves.

If we can come up with some undeniable evidence of this guy's guilt, we can show the world and then nuke Bhagdad. Meanwhile, nobody's going to go anywhere during a war. The only three airlines left will be Continental, Southwest, and Delta. The shares of companies which rely on tourism (like Disney) will tank, as well as most other stocks and the price of gas will be enough to delay shuttle flights further because NASA won't be able to afford gas for the crawler (just kidding, of course).

So now that I've bored you out of your mind, I leave you to debate the war and enjoy your Freedom Fries :wink: .
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well your speaking of using women and children as shields but then you say nuke baghdad. If we did that we would wipe out a verry large number of women and children and most likely still miss sadam. If he's smart and remember he did elude bombing raids 12 years ago he wont be anywhere near baghdad when the war starts. He didnt last as long has he has by being stupid. So although i'm in favor of the war i dont see nuking baghdad as the way to do it.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Good point
Ad astra per aspera.
zachgroff
Camper
Camper

Post by zachgroff »

my physics teach is british (american) so he has an interesting point of view... he said (although i hadn't heard it from anywhere else) that British Parliment was taking a vote of no confidence for Tony Blair and if they find no confidence then he will no longer be Prime minister and beings as he is really the only brit supporting us ... i don't think they will be behind us once hes gone.. the vote was sapposed to be yesterday and today and then we won't have any support... i agree with defending the world but if we go in without any help... with most of the world against the war including a rather large % of the us pop. then i think we'd really be in trouble... and what about n. korea with their nuc program? what about us with ours?
Zach Groff
ASA ~ August 17-23 2002
SC ~ 1997 ~ Florida
SC ~ 1996 ~ Alabama
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

I know we (Canadians) will not be fighting with the US. The Prime Minister has decided not to do anything without UN approval. After the war we would probably send in peace keepers though.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i only sawe it as i was going to the weather channel this morning before school but looked like Blair was speaking before parliament and looked like he was having a rough time getting any support.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

The area I live in (Alberta) about 60% of the people do support the war. The Premier of Alberta got in trouble with the federal government for supporting President Bush. Our Prime Minister is French and it seems that he doesn't want to go into the war because France isn't. He doesn't relize that not going in the war is going to hurt our trade relations. But in less than a year he will be gone and we will have an English PM that people will actually like.

How do you guys feel about Canada not helping out in the war. I've heard on the news that some Americans are angry about it. I'd like to know what you guys think?
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well personally even though i'd like to see more suppoirt from other countries including Canada i believe its every sovereign nations right to make that decision for themselves.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

Many people are angry with the PM because he won't even support the U.S. More and more people want Canada to support our closest allies. I wouldn't doubt that if France were to join the war our PM would reconsider his view. Many people do not support him at all and we will all be glad when he retires next Feb.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i doubt the french will ever jouin the war effort even if we did save there butts atleast a couple of times. But then they did save ours during the american revolution. But since we saved them in 2 world wars i say threy owe us one.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
zachgroff
Camper
Camper

quotes

Post by zachgroff »

well, when the french are involved... 2 quotes come to mind:
1) "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." - Norman Schwartzkopf
2) "I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!" - Jay Leno
:P
Zach Groff
ASA ~ August 17-23 2002
SC ~ 1997 ~ Florida
SC ~ 1996 ~ Alabama
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I know everyone makes fun of the french but everyone also seems to forget they saved our buts in the american revolution. Washington was outnumbered and low on supplies amnd in the middle of a siege at Yorktown VA Cornwallis was also dug in and in about the same shape. However the Brittish were expecting a fleet to arrivce with supplies and more soldiers, What stopped them a French Fleet that drove the brittish back to new york and forced Cornwallis to surrender. effectively ending the war.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

A French general and an American general are having a meeting. The French general queries the American general, asking why they always have to speak English and the American can't learn French. The American general said: "If it weren't for us, you'd have to learn German."
Ad astra per aspera.
zachgroff
Camper
Camper

Post by zachgroff »

true and don't get me wrong but France's war record for the past few centuries hasn't been that wonderful either...
Zach Groff
ASA ~ August 17-23 2002
SC ~ 1997 ~ Florida
SC ~ 1996 ~ Alabama
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well so much for me trying to stop the french jokes. The way i look at it is yes we could use the extra support but France is a sovereign nation and has the right to decide whethher it wants to help us or not just like every other nation in the world has that same right.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

And I have the right to make bad French jokes.
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I never said you couldnt. I'm just getting sick of hearing them all the time and personally think they are getting a little old.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

They are getting kind of old, aren't they?
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Yeah they really are. And the thing is the jokes that you hear are the same ones over and over. atleast if the jokes are going to continue there needs to be some new material.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
zachgroff
Camper
Camper

Post by zachgroff »

way off topic but you have leno's arrow in the hat (missle in the turben) tonight... anyway... i have nothing against france but they aren't really the world power with the best track record (of course neither is Russia either) but, hey...
Zach Groff
ASA ~ August 17-23 2002
SC ~ 1997 ~ Florida
SC ~ 1996 ~ Alabama