eBay: SC California Right Stuff Award

Discuss Space Camp related merchandise. Also a place to buy, sell, trade, or post merchandise available on eBay other members might want!

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

eBay: SC California Right Stuff Award

Post by Vincent »

If anyone is interested, a Space Camp California Right Stuff Award is up for sale!

It's too rich for my blood, but someone here might like it! It's certainly a rarified Space Camp item!
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (194.39 KiB) Viewed 258 times
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Re: eBay: SC California Right Stuff Award

Post by p51 »

I saw that when I first got listed, and though it's not terribly expensive, it's more than I do want to pay for one. I've only ever seen this one, and one for the Florida camp, show up on eBay. I nabbed the Florida one, a few years back.
Never have I seen a Huntsville one for sale anywhere.
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Of any SC memorabilia, I feel this one needs to be earned, not bought, unless you are replacing one that was lost or damaged.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

I'm unsure if it's always "earned." Popularity contest, biggest sob story, best made for TV movie, participation award, etc. We all have different perceptions. Easier to give out Wrong Stuff awards...

I was curious if any USSRC Hall of Famers received the Right Stuff Award when they attended camp.. and if so, which of the astronauts received it. A quick search of their bios show only 2 and none of the astronauts. Of course, someone could have received it and their bio failed to include it. Yet I would think that the USSRC would want that included, you know, as a predictor of future success.
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

I, too, have been unimpressed with awardees of this reward that I have seen over the years.
As for a list of those who have been awarded it, I really don't think they ever kept records of this kind of stuff.
And as for the people awarded it, I went to a antique store near the old railroad station Museum in Huntsville the last time I was there in the area, and the lady running the place told me she once found a right stuff award in a trash can at the Huntsville Airport. She had it for sale in the store, for a very long time, before someone bought it.
I'd always wondered how much they were actually meant to most of the people who are given it.
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador