Discount for 2013

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Lin
Camper
Camper

Discount for 2013

Post by Lin »

Hi everyone,

Space Camp recently posted this on its Facebook page:

Attention summer 2012 Alumi: Deadline to book for 2013 to save $200 is Sept 7! Call to register today, 800-637-7223.

And this as a response to a comment under that post:

. . . all alumni are eligible for a $100 discount so you can register using that code

So it sounds like all of this year's alumni can get at least a $100 discount on next year, with the kids' camps getting a $200 discount. If I read that right. Not sure what "code" they're talking about-- there was no code mentioned in the original FB post-- but calling and mentioning the FB post should get the discount, I imagine....
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Sounds like we should try to get this Hab1 alumni camp for 2013 organized pretty soon! Who all is still considering going? In the original thread we had SpaceCanada, Conan, gt0163c, Benji, Celticowboy, AirKale, Richasi, Rkolker, Steve, and P51.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

Hotdog wrote:Sounds like we should try to get this Hab1 alumni camp for 2013 organized pretty soon! Who all is still considering going? In the original thread we had SpaceCanada, Conan, gt0163c, Benji, Celticowboy, AirKale, Richasi, Rkolker, Steve, and P51.
I'm still interested but can't commit to anything in the summer due to conflicts that I know I'll have but don't have exact dates for yet. So it would either need to be late spring or early fall (avoiding late May through early August).
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

The 3-day adult sessions begin in late August and go into September. I had proposed we shoot for the Aug 23-25 2013 dates.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

Hotdog wrote:The 3-day adult sessions begin in late August and go into September. I had proposed we shoot for the Aug 23-25 2013 dates.
I thought the original idea was to get a team together for a six or eight day camp, which would have to be organized specifically for our group, as that program is no longer officially offered for adults. I'm not as certain I'd be up for a weekend camp, as the travel costs would be about as much as the camp fees. Not saying I wouldn't want to go, just that I'd have to think about it a bit more carefully.
The September 13-15 dates would actually be better for me, as I have that Friday off.
Or the August 30-Sept 1 is another off-Friday for me but that's Labor Day weekend and flights would probably be more expensive.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

I'd have a few issues with this timeframe...
1: In late July, I've already committed to a week-long Military Vehicle event in Portland. It'll be tough to get more time from my job right after that.
2: It's really tough to get any time off before school starts as parents get higher priority for time off than those of us who have no children (yeah, it's probably illegal, but it happens anyway).
3: My parents live in Florida, so I'd need to combine camp with a visit to them (as I live near Seattle, I don't get to see them often).
4: My wife. It might be a tough sale to get permission from "household mission control" for another camp date when I haven't even gone the first time yet. That'd have to at least wait until after I'm done with camp at the start of next month.
I'd also think that later in September might be better for myself
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

gt0163c wrote:I thought the original idea was to get a team together for a six or eight day camp, which would have to be organized specifically for our group, as that program is no longer officially offered for adults. I'm not as certain I'd be up for a weekend camp, as the travel costs would be about as much as the camp fees. Not saying I wouldn't want to go, just that I'd have to think about it a bit more carefully.
The September 13-15 dates would actually be better for me, as I have that Friday off.
Or the August 30-Sept 1 is another off-Friday for me but that's Labor Day weekend and flights would probably be more expensive.
I am still working on the adult camp stuff - I keep getting forwarded to voicemails and never getting calls back. I am getting very irritated by this. And yes, I am hoping for a 6 or 8-day camp as the flight cost is way too high for just a weekend. (We're flying from northern Canada...)

I'm going to call again right now and post any updates in the Adult week thread.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Lin
Camper
Camper

Post by Lin »

So I called this morning to book so I could use the discount and I was told something different.

They said the $200 is for 2012 alumni who went to a weeklong camp this year and are signing up for a weeklong camp next year. The $100 discount is for alumni of any year to sign up for a weeklong camp next year.

I have posted on Space Camp's FB page to clarify about any discount for the adult 3-day......
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Lin wrote:So I called this morning to book so I could use the discount and I was told something different.

They said the $200 is for 2012 alumni who went to a weeklong camp this year and are signing up for a weeklong camp next year. The $100 discount is for alumni of any year to sign up for a weeklong camp next year.

I have posted on Space Camp's FB page to clarify about any discount for the adult 3-day......
that rules out almost all adults, then...
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Conan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Hab1 Camp

Post by Conan »

Hi all,
Back from a cruise of the Mediterranean, so I am just catching up on a lot of these posts. (95 - 100 degrees there! I may as well have been in Huntsville!!) Anyway, I am still in for the 6-8 day camp next year, if we can get one. August or September should work, but the earlier the dates are set, the easier it is for me to get the vacation time. September might be a little cooler and it has been a time when USSRC was willing to host adult week-long camps in the past. That and October. Let me know when you hear back.
Conan
1988-Adult Lev. I
1994-Parent/Child
1996-Adult Lev. II
1997-Adult AC
1998-P/C
1999-Pilot/Copilot
2000-P/C FL
2000-Adv. Adult Acad
2001-Adult AC
2004-Pilot/Copilot,
2007-Adult Alum.Reunion
2009-P/C
2014 - Adult 4-Day
2015 - Advance Adult Academy
airkale
Camper
Camper

Re: Discount for 2013

Post by airkale »

I'm still interested...
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.