Pee-cicle Photo?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Pee-cicle Photo?

Post by Benji »

We all know that a pee-cicle formed on the side of Discovery on STS-41D and I'm pretty sure there were some photos of it in the relevant Camp briefing, but I can't find any online. Anybody have a copy they can send me?

In searching, I found this interesting oral history from Charlie Walker in which he discusses the pee-cicle: Walker interview
Ad astra per aspera.
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Also, has anyone had a pee-cicle anomaly during an EDM? I think that'd be a pretty good one, especially someone was assigned bladder issues and MOCR told them not to use the WCS.
Ad astra per aspera.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

We had a nasty pee anomaly during the adult 8-day EDM. Not a pee-sicle specifically, though. Our WCS kept backing up but all my data said the WCS was fucntioning fine and was never at capacity. It turns out my computer was showing wrong data and needed to be rebooted (software glitch). There was pee flying everywhere in the station. The station was littered with yellow confetti for a good 8 hours before we sorted it out. Haha.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

It's not the photo you were looking for, but it's a fun article to read:

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2 ... uter-space

I'm still searching for the pee-cicle photo I'm thinking of and if I find it I'll post it here.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017