Second to last call! All space junkies, it's launch time!

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

airkale
Camper
Camper

Second to last call! All space junkies, it's launch time!

Post by airkale »

As you all know there are a very few number of STS missions left, not only this year, but period. With this in mind, I'm calling on all of those of you who have some vacation time this year to attend a launch! I am planning on taking my family down for the launch on the 29th of July and I am inviting all you on Hab1 to make the epic journey with me.

I plan to make the trip as memorable as possible and take a few days to see the launch and go to KSC. Oh course, theres a whole boat load of things to do in the area surrounding Merrit Island, so I'm sure a good time will be had by everyone; even those that aren't totally interested in the launch.

If you are interest in going, please Private Message me that way we can start coordinating. Also if you have any tips, suggestions, etc., let me know as well.

See you at the Cape...

P.S. Vincent just went to the last launch of Endevour! I don't know why he hasn't posted all the details on the Hab, but he needs to(hint). I'm sure he can tell you how awesome it was and why you need to make the trip!
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

Hello to everyone,

Just up update on the status of the trip. In case you didn't notice, the original dates for the trip to KSC have been drastically altered since there were some payload delays. The current date for the launch is November 1st in the afternoon.

If you have any way of making it down to Florida that week, I will be down there. According to Vincent (please chime in with any updates) there are no known delays. Its going to be historic!
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

I will be in the area around Thanksgiving, maybe it will get delayed until then. That would work out for me!
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

Hotdog wrote:I will be in the area around Thanksgiving, maybe it will get delayed until then. That would work out for me!
Whoa, don't say that, I already locked in all the reservations!
Kale