hi to all the alumni from the august camp

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

hi to all the alumni from the august camp

Post by Boomerang »

Well i see several of my alumni camp teammates have joined up since yesterday. It was great getting to meet everyone this weekend. And i promise as soon as i have time to upload them, my pictures will be up as well though that may take a while to get done. For all those who couldn't attend i'm sorry but you guys missed as great time.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
pilotgirl21
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by pilotgirl21 »

It does sound like I missed a great time. At least I got to attend the June session. I had a great time there!
Lisa from Chicago aka White Sox
ASA 7/27-8/1 1997 International Week Gagarin-Pilot
ASA 7/1-7/6 1998 Gagarin-PS
Alumni Adult Weekend 6/14-6/17 2007 Challenger-Commander, Challumbia-Flight Director
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

I'm so glad I got to go to the June camp. I had a great time and can't wait until the next time I get to go back.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Richasi
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Richasi »

Same here.

While I haven't the means to compare (Chris can), I can say that I at least had a total blast with everyone in June! :)
Space Camp • June 11-16, 1989 - Session 31 - Martin Marietta
Space Academy, Level 1 • June 16-21, 1991 - Session 24 - BDM
Adult Space Academy • September 26-28, 2003 - Session 52 - Discovery
Alumni Camp • June 14-17, 2007 - Session 38 - Challenger
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I can honestly say i haven't been this sad over the end of a camp session since 1998 when i had to say goodbye to another incredible team. Here i am i haven't even left camp yet but it feels empty without our team here. And now that business is slowing down at the end of summer you get more time to think about things like this. I have less than 2 weeks till i leave for fall and i dont want to even think about it. sadly i have to because i have alot to do before i go and not long to do it. I truly hope i can come back in january and i hope our team can come back as a team again someday. It amazes me how close a group can get in such a short time. If we could do an adult advanced program all the better more time together.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

Boomerang wrote:I can honestly say i haven't been this sad over the end of a camp session since 1998 when i had to say goodbye to another incredible team. Here i am i haven't even left camp yet but it feels empty without our team here. And now that business is slowing down at the end of summer you get more time to think about things like this. I have less than 2 weeks till i leave for fall and i dont want to even think about it. sadly i have to because i have alot to do before i go and not long to do it. I truly hope i can come back in january and i hope our team can come back as a team again someday. It amazes me how close a group can get in such a short time. If we could do an adult advanced program all the better more time together.
As Rush would say, Mega Dittos.
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.
pilotgirl21
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by pilotgirl21 »

Boomerang wrote: If we could do an adult advanced program all the better more time together.
I know what you mean about spending more time together as a team, but it would be even harder to leave camp (and your teammates) after an advanced program. It was so hard to leave after 4 days! I remember when I attended ASA the first time and we stayed up so late on our last night. It was very hard to leave all of my new friends. The second time I attended ASA, my team wasn't as crazy as my first team. I had fun, but not as fun. Nobody wanted to stay up late, so two of us sat downstairs in the hab with the counselors. The alumni weekend was great, since as adults we can do what we want and even leave the property. It brought us closer to each other to be able to spend more time together!
Lisa from Chicago aka White Sox
ASA 7/27-8/1 1997 International Week Gagarin-Pilot
ASA 7/1-7/6 1998 Gagarin-PS
Alumni Adult Weekend 6/14-6/17 2007 Challenger-Commander, Challumbia-Flight Director
Conan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Leaving the Team

Post by Conan »

I remember when I first attended the Level II Adult Academy in 1996. Our team was so close that we were all depressed after we left and the emails flew back and forth (No forum like this was available then). Almost all of us got sick with colds afterward, too! We met for reunions several times after that. Once at KSC for a VIP tour and once at JSC where we met John Glenn preparing for his return to space. When I bring a nephew or niece with me I always warn them about the "Post Space Camp decompression"
One of the things that our team noticed was that we all had very vivid dreams about Space Camp for several weeks after we returned home.
I was at the Alumni Camp in June and it sounds like your August team was just as good as ours was. I think this might be because we are all alumni and the fact that we all returned to Space Camp (some of us many times) shows that we are all personally invested in really going all the way to make it a special experience and participate fully with our teams.
Once or twice I had teams who were not participating fully or trying to bond with the team and it was a lot easier to go home afterward. Believe me, it is worth the depression afterward to have had the kind of experience that you all just had. I wish I could have been there with you.
Conan
1988-Adult Lev. I
1994-Parent/Child
1996-Adult Lev. II
1997-Adult AC
1998-P/C
1999-Pilot/Copilot
2000-P/C FL
2000-Adv. Adult Acad
2001-Adult AC
2004-Pilot/Copilot,
2007-Adult Alum.Reunion