My own little "space camp"

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

My own little "space camp"

Post by des »

It's been fun, if exhausting. I have 9 boys 4th-6th grade. The simulator (or part of it) comes Friday.

So far we have: built and launched rockets; built K'Nex Mars' bases; done an egg drop; grown crystals; and I have lost track, etc etc.
Today we went out to a rocky area and did a simulated Mars rock exploration mission. The kids just had a ball (so did I). I decked them out in latex gloves and hard hats with a NASA logo and several of those toy grabber "robot" thingies which I covered in duct tape so they wouldn't look so juvenile. To prepare we watched the Apollo 15 segment of From Earth to the Moon where they study rocks. Planet NM is very green these days or this might have looked a little bit more like Mars!! We are going to examine them in glove boxes tomorrow, etc.

I got clearance, so I would love to post some pix (even one of me!), but I can't figure it out.

So could someone enlighten me!

BTW, spacecanada has been a huge help. And we have a pool also!!

--des
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

To post a photo:

[img]imageURLhere[/img]

Or, paste the image URL (found by right-clicking on the image and going down to properties), highlight it, and click the 'Img' button.

I am glad to hear you are having fun with your camp. Thanks for sending me the photos too. I will reply to your e-mail later this afternoon.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by des »

Sorry but I don't get this. If I right click on a picture I don't even get preferences. I could put it on flickr I suppose.

But how about the image section of hab 1.

Ok, I have flickr link but have no idea if this will work for ya'll.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7714367@N02/549161566/

--des