Decisions, Decisions...

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

Decisions, Decisions...

Post by JennieM »

My husband and I got married on April 28. For as long as I've known him, he's loved playing with flight simulators on his computer. So, when it came to a wedding gift for him, it was a no-brainer. I signed him up for Adult AC in August. Now, one of his friends/groomsmen just signed up also. They are so excited. Plus, they're trying to get a couple more friends to go. Guess I did good. LOL

They're trying to get me to go, but I'm a Smurf at heart (although I did have fun playing in the AC sims after hours with the other counselors when I was there). On the other hand, I haven't been to Huntsville for a visit in 12 years and am dying to go check everything out again.

It's one of those things, I don't want to intrude on their "guy time" even though they've invited me. I'd love to go, but if I did, I don't know if I'd do AC or Adult Space Camp. I know everyone would probably say to just go, but my mom's birthday is that weekend, and that's what is making the decision hard for me.

I'm going to make up my own mind, but I'm just curious what others would do in my position.
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

unless he begs you to go, don't go. however...

when he asks you what you want for your birthday, tell him you want to do ASA. then invite him along :D
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Congratulations on getting married!!

If adult AC is anything like adult ASA there will be some time every day to do your own thing and the guys can do theirs. I would definitely talk to your husband about it - do they really want you there and why? If it is just so you are not left out, then go to adult SC or stay home. If they want you there sincerely, then go and have a fun time.

As for your mum's birthday, I am sure she would understand if you celebrated it a few days early. We never celebrate birthdays on their actual days around here, just when everyone can get together to eat cake, watch a movie, and play a game or two.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
iheartspacecamp
Camper
Camper

Post by iheartspacecamp »

when in august is it? come to the alumni camp with us ;)

but yeah...tough choice! i'm always for letting the boys do their own thing but if he definitely wants you to go, then i'd be all for trying a little AC!
Space Camp - 4/14/91 - 4/19-91 - Saturn team
Academy I - 4/18/93 - 4/23/93 - Mart. Marietta B
Academy I - 7/3/94 - 7/8/94 - Thiokol B
Alumni Academy 8/2/07 - 8/5/07 - Columbia
Harmakis
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Harmakis »

well we really cant make the choise for you .... if it were me then i would say to hell with AC, i am going to Space Camp... *ill get hung for that* But honestly thats how my hat tips..

if he wants you to share the experiance then go to Space camp while hes playing flyboy with his friend, you can share a hotel, have the flight down and all.. so your not intruding on Boy time, but your not left out.... thats my 2 cents.... make the Adult ASA if you can! I would be jealous
ASA Oct 99 ---> Noodles, friend of SpaceCanada
JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

Post by JennieM »

Sounds like I had the same thoughts as everyone else. Boys will be boys. Let them have their time. I think I'd have much more fun if it was just him and I...at Space Camp, of course. I love the idea about doing it for my birthday. I'll have to remember that. ;)