Patches

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Patches

Post by Boomerang »

After recently aquiring 3 space camp patches circa the early 80s i have put my self on a mission to collect all the diffrent space camp patches i've come across. I have all the modern program patches from alabama blus 3 older patches. I also have a california patch coming and finding a florida patch should be no problem. My questi9on is does anyone know if the foreign space camps have any kind of patch and if so how to get one i have checked their sights with no success. Also maybe the counselors know if their is a patch available for the parent child programand corporate programs in alabama. I don't think i've ever seen any but i could be wrong. Eventually i want to scan all the patches and hae them on the hab 1 members photo gallery. So far i have the old United Space Camp patch which from what i've seen was replaced about 1985 or so with the modern patch. I have 2 old patches from Space Camp Level 2 as it was known in the 80s closest equivelant today is apce academy. I have the modern space Camp patch for alabama and a california patch coming. I have 2 versions of the space acaemy patch. One has US Space Academy like we have all seen but the other i found on EBay only says Space Academy and other than a few minor details is otherwise like the regular patch. I also have the advanced space academy patch and aviation challenge patch.

Looking for Florida's patch(fairly easy to find)
Parent child and corporate patches (if they exist)
Foreign camp patches (again if they exist)
Space Camp movie patch (have ocasionaly seen on ebay but hard to find)
Also i know of atleast one other space camp level 2 patch that existed with the name Challenger on it but have never seen one for sale. There may also be a similar Level 1 patch of Columbia but i have no way of confirming that its just a hunch.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

Turkey has patches but i'm not sure about the other ones. If you send them an e-mail from the english portion of their sites they will respond to you, it might take a few days though. Japan, Canada and Belgium have offered to sell t-shirts online, if you send a check. They might sell patches that way too if you ask.
-Matthew
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

Canada should have one. I think on the flightsuits they have a Space Camp Canada patch. I know they put the Canada flag instead of the American one.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Space Camp Spatiale Canada has a patch indeed. You can order it from their boutique. I'd post the link here, but my internet doesn't like me right now. I'll get you the link in a bit.

UPDATE: They changed the boutique in the past month or so. Anyway, I am sure you can still order patches if you e-mail them and ask. I do that with the Space Camp store when they don't have things posted on their website. I am sure you can do the same for the other Space Camps also - Japan, Belgium, Turkey.

Best of luck, and keep us posted with your discoveries.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Ok my space camp patch collection has been posted to the hab 1 members photo page sorry i dont have a link right this second. All the patches i have are on there with a description as well as some referance pictures for older patches.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador