Adult AC?

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Adult AC?

Post by ACluvR »

Okay. I am an old AC camper (also an old Space Camper too technically). They ran outta slots last year for Adult AC so I did Adult Academy instead... Does anyone know if its actually worth it to go to Adult AC by the time I pay to fly there and all. Cuz it is only like 2 days... Just worried since I did Mach 3 five times that I will be disappointed or something... I dunno if anyone will know, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

AC:06/99, 07/00, 12/00, 07/01, 12/01, 12/02: Counselors were Moondoggie, Krispy, Ace, Sparky, Montano, Pyro, Lurch, Bean:) I also miss Ballistic, Grunt, Doolittle
Repeat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Repeat »

I'm pretty sure there's a slightly longer Adult AC - it might even be called Adult Mach III - I'm not positive. I've never done it (I was a camper as a kid and now work as a counselor), but from what I understand things often get tried out on them that later get used in the younger programs, so I think you might enjoy it. I don't know what it's like though.
AC M2/M2-12 day counselor 05/06 Repeat
AC MIII W 43-03 (Jolly Rogers)
ASA W 42-03 (Oberth)
AC MIII W 49-01 (Silver Eagles)
ASA W 48-01 (Tereshkova)
ASA W 48-00 (Von Braun)
AC MIII 47-00 (Gun Slingers)
AC MII 39-99 (Falcons)
SA W 39-98 (Coke)
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

They (used to) have a 6-day Adult AC programme. I tried to sign up for it once but it got cancelled. I don't see one on the schedule this year, but maybe you could phone the registration office and see when/if there is one coming up this autumn.

Otherwise, I wouldn't say it would be worth it. Even the Space Academy for Adults - if you've been to the youth ASA, the adult 3-day camp won't compare.

Not to mention flight cost... especially for us out-of-country folk. When the flight costs as much as the six day tuition, you make sure you go for as long as you can!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017