Kerry Campaign and NASA

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

coffeediver
Counselor
Counselor

Kerry Campaign and NASA

Post by coffeediver »

http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/000292.html

Historically, space exploration has not been a hot topic in the Presidential champaigns, but I find this very interesting.

With less than 2 weeks to go, I plead with all of you that are old enough to vote (and are Americas) to do so well informed. Don't let MTV, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox News, or any other media outlet decide your vote for you. Do some homework, look at the facts, and make an informed and educated decision. Your emotions shouldn't dictate who gets into office, your logic should.
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Wait... I'm confused... so what's the Kerry Campaign's position? This is talking about some person I've never heard of... and I can't even find the current position (in all the flip-floppiness, to what side are they flopped right now?)...
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

ah ha ha ha, the gop is so good at making things stick in your head, your living proof their tactics work. you hear kerry and thanks to them you think flipflopper. I love the idea of "flip flopping" a person who is able to admit and learn from mistakes to make better decisions, is a great thing! Why make the same mistakes over and over, if you get new information and revise your position i think thats a good thing.
-Matthew
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

because i dont want a president who changes his mind every 5 minutes
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I have to agree on this one. Theres a difference between chaging your mind because you want to correct something and changing your mind becuase its what you need to do to get votes.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

yeah i agree
Who
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Who »

The Bush plan clearly shows he has a plan and vision (Good ole Von Braun's original plan) to get NASA back on track to where they need to be going. Let commerical space flight take over going around in circles, NASA needs to get us to the Moon and Mars.

Burt Rutan on NASA
AC Callsign - Who?
USSRC Assistant Graphic/Web Designer 2004-06
Counselor 2002-04
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

YES! BUSHY WON!
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
.: Pj :.
Camper
Camper

Post by .: Pj :. »

I'm not going to respond ...

May God be with us :roll:
ISC 2004 ( Belgium ), Shepard-team
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

Who wrote:The Bush plan clearly shows he has a plan and vision (Good ole Von Braun's original plan) to get NASA back on track to where they need to be going. Let commerical space flight take over going around in circles, NASA needs to get us to the Moon and Mars.

Burt Rutan on NASA

To be fair, there is also a Bush plan for Education, The No Child Left Behind act, which is not only under-funded, but pushes test-based learning into public schools, which is the least effective way to teach a class, especially to elementary and middle schoolers, where hands-on learning has been proven to provide the largest postitive educational result.

Need I describe his other plans?
Medicare? Please.
Terrorism? Hah.
Economy? Pfff.
Payoffs in government contracts to closely associated connections to the Administration? Bingo.

/flame.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

amen
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Bush may have a plan for NASA, but I voted for Kerry... yeah, too bad because he lost Georgia... the only place my vote counts because the system sucks (note that even though Bush won the popular too, I still think the system sucks...).
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

IF there is anything i learned from being a first time voter it is that even after elections people wont stop arguing. :lol:
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

oooh. no child left behind. dont get me started. :x
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Yeah. You know i once missed a quiz bowl question becuase of no child left behind.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
Who
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Who »

Drumrollz wrote: To be fair, there is also a Bush plan for Education, The No Child Left Behind act, which is not only under-funded, but pushes test-based learning into public schools, which is the least effective way to teach a class, especially to elementary and middle schoolers, where hands-on learning has been proven to provide the largest postitive educational result.
No Child Left Behind is not "test based learning", but a policy that forces schools/teachers to be accountable for their students learning. What schools had started to do is pass failing students to stay in their social group rather then in their educational level.

Now, with no child left behind, there is a standardize test that is enforced. The teacher can still teach however they want to get across the material for that test, but the students still need to pass the test to move on.

I have an appriecation for the system being a instructor at a local college here in HSV. I get students all the time, "I have to DO homework??" "What? I did some of the work, why dont I have an A?" "Your a bad teacher because YOU didnt let me slip by when I didnt do crap" All great examples of people that made their way into my class by being left behind and wanting a free ride into a great paying job.

I have to be accountable for my teaching and relaying of the information. I test first day of class, midterm and finals. This is not only a test for the students, but a test for MYSELF on how Im doing my job. Nobody moves on to higher level courses and gets that instructor behind playing catch up. Im glad my college has a system of excellence.

Im glad that President Bush has adopted that system of excellence for our public school system.

But until the system gets worked out -- go or send your children to private school.
AC Callsign - Who?
USSRC Assistant Graphic/Web Designer 2004-06
Counselor 2002-04
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

i am a product of one of bush's public schools who had to endure the taas (texas academic something skills) test. it was horrible. i speak from experience. if you were above 50% grade-wise, you were sent to mini lessons. i sat through nutrition classes, military history classes and numerous others that didnt even pertain to fourth grade learning. they in no way taught me things i needed to know for the future and didnt have an effect on my academic comprehension. it was a place to go so they could work with the kids they know wouldnt pass. we took monthly tests to weed out the "smart ones" and force them into these mini lessons. when i was in class and not taking tests, i was given enormous amounts of worksheets to complete, all on the same topic. from my opinion (and im speaking from a viewpoint of someone who knows firsthand, not just from hearsay) bush's education plan sucks.
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

I too am a victim of TAAS testing. I dont even want to talk about it.
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00