Funniest ASA moment

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

zachgroff
Camper
Camper

campers

Post by zachgroff »

yes, but if i was a parent and went on the site and was gungho about going well then it wouldn't matter much, but if i was still skeptical and wanted more information on what my son or daughter would be doing there i wouldn't be able to find the information i wanted even if they did send me a program guide... the things on this site would give parents the information in pictures, vr, etc of what really is there... for all they know, it could all be a hoax with a really good graphic artist...
Zach Groff
ASA ~ August 17-23 2002
SC ~ 1997 ~ Florida
SC ~ 1996 ~ Alabama
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i agree they could do more to make the website and brochures more atracktive. It would be nice if they could get rid of the old pictures that have been in the brochures for the most part since i've been getting them since 1989. Most of those pictures on the site are really old. It would also be nice if they would give updates on the changes being made at the space and rocket center.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

If they had a link to Hab1, kids could come and ask us to find out more, instead of realying on the crap in the brochures (I mean, "futuristic habitat," does that really entice anyone to go? It sounds stupid to me).
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Sounds like a good idea to me. People would probably get more info here on space camp programs and what camp is like in general than they do on the camp website or from the camp brochure.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Embarrassing moment...

Post by Benji »

Back to the topic...

We had an icebreaker session the first night. Among other things, we all told embarrassing stories about ourselves. Telling my story turned out to be embarrasing in itself. Here's my story:
I work in entertainment marketing for the Tampa Bay Lightning, which means I work with the mascot and the other in-game entertainment, including the Bud Light'ning Girls, a group that is kinda like cheerleaders, but not really. I was with the girls in the elevator going to an appearance. I was fixing the pin I had on my jersey, and all of a sudden, Laurie says "I love you." I look up and see that she is looking at me. I must've turned 20 shades of red, and I said, " :oops: Me? :oops: " Then she pointed down to my pants. I looked down and realized that when adjusting my pin, I'd lifted my jersey so that my boxers showed and they said "I love you."
Drea, our counselor, said: "You know, sometimes girls looking at your boxers isn't such a bad thing." And I said: "Well, yeah, I know."

It was much later when I realized that I neglected to mention the age of the girls. Laurie happens to be 27. She's still hot, and I'd love to hook up with her (like that's ever gonna happen :cry: ), but that it isn't exactly something you'd expect form a 27 year old (very hot) women to a 15 year old (dare I say) kid.
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well that was probably embarrasing but it definately could have been worse. Like the story of how i got my callsign at aC which goes back to my second trip to camp in 93 when one of my teammates announced over the radio during the discovery mission that i liked this one girl on the team.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Oh, yeah! That is much worse.
Ad astra per aspera.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Coul have been worse though the girl anmd i were still friends the rest of the week at camp. Didnt pursue anything beyond camp though it was more dificult to do then without widespread internet access.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008