Regarding the CamperFinder

Have something to say about Hab1.com? Or perhaps you'd like to make a suggestion. You can post such things relating to Hab1.com here. This forum will also be used for announcements related to the site/forum/etc.

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regarding the CamperFinder

Post by Vincent »

I just wanted to make sure that everyone understands a few things regarding the long-overdue CamperFinder feature. Please feel free to comment.

1) Just in case it needs mentioning, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't go work on a version on your own. I'm not going to use it and I would really, really hate to feel like the cause of wasted time.

2) I promise, promise, promise that it will get finished in the reasonably near future. This semester has been absolutely brutal as far as my workload goes so I have had virtually no time to work on it lately. But...The design decisions were long-ago pinned down (hence #1 above) and further (if not final) progress on the actual finishing of the CF will be made in the near future. It is my goal to get the database design into a fairly final state this weekend. If I can, the CF will be a huge step closer to being in a finished state.

3) Thanks for all the messages from various people offering to help me with this project. Lately though (and perhaps it's just foolish pride, but I'm pretty sure it isn't), I've become certain that the actual code creation is doable by myself. However, I will absolutely need help when the time comes to test it, so I do hope everyone will be egar to make sure there aren't any major bugs in it!

Thanks!

-Vincent
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Don't worry vincent i know what a busy semester is like. I'm in the middle of one right now.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt (though of course I am, and must plug my site, BiggestPainInTheButt.com or rush you or anything, but can I get an update on the CamperFinder? You know, a "State of The Camperfinder" address? (I'm big on updates and "State of The..."s, as you an see)

Thanks, will go back into the woodwork now...
Ad astra per aspera.
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Re: Regarding the CamperFinder

Post by Mdanner423 »

Reasonably near future huh Vince!!!!
Vincent wrote:I just wanted to make sure that everyone understands a few things regarding the long-overdue CamperFinder feature. Please feel free to comment.

2) I promise, promise, promise that it will get finished in the reasonably near future.

-Vincent
-Matthew
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

Could we have a thread for finding past campers? In my job I get a lot of calls from alumni trying to find team mates or even just information about their own week! I send them here as well as our own alumni site on SpaceCamp.com.

Just last week I had a caller who came to Camp in 1988 and that's all the detail he remembers. He can't recall his team or the dates and he's lost his log book, wings, certificate and photo in a fire. We don't have information on him since everything was done by hand at that time, so he's not in our database. A thread that has a sticky, keeping it at the top, would help him and others find team mates. That would be pretty darned exciting for them.
Living the dream
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

Street,

I think camper finder will be coming up any day now... Just wait :)

--Matthew
-Matthew
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Space Camp finally got their act together!

You can go register at http://www.spacecamp.com/community/