Space Collectables

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well the one photo i'd really like to get signed is my John Youn picture from the Gemini program. Unfortunately ive read he'll only sign current pictures. So i'm hoping i can meet him one day and maybe the wheel chair thing will work for a little sympathy and i can get him to sign it.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
sts205cdr
Camper
Camper

Post by sts205cdr »

That's my understanding, too. But I tell ya, if I collected autographs, I would just be sincere, cheerful, and I would always enclose a gift, an unusual patch, a photo, anything that means something to you. CONNECT with the person. Make them know that they mean more to you than a scribble of ink. And be patient, of course. Autograph collectors have been known to receive replies ten years after writing the request. Sheesh!

There's one photo, a glossy repro of a movie still, that I'd LOVE to get autographed. It's from a scene from "The Reluctant Astronaut" and Don Knotts is floating in his capsule with this hilarious look on his face. Anyone got his address? :lol:

--John
ASA-Oct. 24-29, 1999
SA-Oct. 6-8, 2000
AAA(KCSC)-Feb. 22-23, 2002
ASA-Fall, 2003
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I was lucky to get most of my astronaut photo collection. I gotthem by sheer chance. I was helping the head of the NASA Langley ERC go through a storage cubicle and found a box full of astronaut photos all pre challenger and some gemini and apollo even. I got onr of every one of the ones in the box it was a great find. I still get new ones when i can as well.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador