New pics....

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

No, I think you showed me when my team was doing day telescope. I think you did that lecture too but it was cloudy so you showed us on the computer. But on my 2001 trip you did my lego rovers briefing. I remember your big rover that took you four months to build. you were trying torun people over with it. Also, you did my night telescope. It was really humid so it was hard to find stars but we spotted two. While me and two other teammates were looking with you our counselor left us. I still remember that. On my 2002 trip you didn't do any lectures for my team but I did talk to you on the training floor.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

Ahh yes I remember now. That's pretty cool. Was it Jupiter and Saturn for night telescope? Or was it the wrong time of year? Can't remember. Still recovering from my cave trip last night. Getting old I guess.
As for the rover, I have an new one with an end effector on it. It seems to work pretty well. I am working on getting software that will enable me to operate it from anywhere in the world.
Right now I am trying to incorporate a foldable solar array. Big pain but super cool. It will contain about 100 small 1.2v 250mA solar cells. I will have to wire ten at a time in parallel circuit to increase the amperage and the then wire up the sets of ten in a series curcuit to increase the voltage. That should just about do it. Working on using a cell phone to send information to the control computer.
I got too many hobbies.
O' well as I said before I will try my best to get some pics of the Floor next week. I am really busy so I can't promise anything but I will try.
Later
-Smiley :-)
You dropped your pocket, your socks are untied, and those are the same clothes you were wearing the day after yesterday. :-)
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Last time i was at camp we didnt get to do lego rovers. We did get to do VR Mars rovers but the computer system was having serious issues.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

Ahh Lego Rovers. I feel that activity will recieve a major overhaul very soon. That activity was first started around 1999 concieved by you know who. :-) I saw boxes and boxes of Lego and felt they should be used. With extensive help from the education staff we made it happen.
By the way Mars VR was up and running Friday. We still have some extensive testing to do but I think she's good to go. We just got the last bug out. One of the inertia cubes needed serviceing.
Man I am sore from caving.
Later
Smiley :-)
You dropped your pocket, your socks are untied, and those are the same clothes you were wearing the day after yesterday. :-)
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i hope the VR rovers work better than they did when i was there. We didnt even get to use our rovers because when they piulled up the rovers that were supose to be ours they werent and noone could figure out why.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

It's good to go Jason. The software has been debugged and some of the hardware has been upgraded. As I said we will probably be running some extensive tests on it next week. I have asked for a mock session so we can address any issues that may arise. However I personally feel that the system is solid. All computers are networking during the session with no loss of communication between Drivers and Arms. That was the main issue that finnally brought the lab to a halt last year. Hopefully it will be decided that it is usefull enough to keep in operation. I hope so. Man I put many hours of trouble shooting in that activity. You should have seen the miles and miles of cat5 I pulled from under the rovers during renovation.
Fun Fun.
Later
Smiley:-)
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

I hope I get to do them this year. I never got to in 2001 or 2002.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

Gus got the key man
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well its good to hear that they have hopefully got the stuff straight. I think when i was their it was the first year they were doing it.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

Ahh great week at Christmas Camp. My team had the honors of doing the first EDM in the remodeled Enterprise sim. Things went very well. Mission control seems to be working well. It is very nice. A lot of people worked very hard to make this happen for the teams we have this week and I am very grateful. We will be looking forward to your visits in the future.
Smiley :-)
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Glad to hear everything went so well. How far along with the total remodeling are they now?
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

Phase 1 is about 96%. I hope that helps.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

OK that helps i can look at the diagram of the renovations it says what each phase will do and atleast get some idea from that.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Smiley
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Smiley »

Well today was another great graduation. I had an excellent team this week.
Among them was ISSpacegirl. Old school camper there. She got the Right Stuff award. Cool! I was sooooooo happy that they got to use Enterprise for their EDM.
Next week will be an empy place without theShepherd team around.
Till next time.
Smiley
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Good i cant wait to hear about her trip when she gets back. Should be intresting and will hopefully pick up the posting in the forum again.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008