Adult Advanced Space Academy

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Adult Advanced Space Academy

Post by majtom7 »

https://www.spacecamp.com/space/adult/advanced

I'd like to go yet I'd like to see the schedule of activities first.
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Adult Advanced Space Academy

Post by majtom7 »

I asked about a sample schedule for this since the teaser lists only one mission.

Nothing but crickets...
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

I see that there's a waiting list for this already. Could be why no reply...
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

I have to ask as this seems to be a theme for you, have they ever replied to your questions asking for a schedule?
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

Yes, they have.

I'd like to know what I'm getting for my money, especially when it comes to missions. Beats trusting them and complaining afterwards... I used to drink the Kool-Aid. Not any more...
AdmiralMike
Camper
Camper

Post by AdmiralMike »

Hi! I signed up for the Adult Advanced Academy this fall. I've been doing a ton of research, with most of it coming from YouTube. There are quite a few videos out there if you narrow your search a bit.

Here is one that's pretty good. He is a little goofy, but you get the gist of the program nonetheless.

https://youtu.be/luH4qQ-lWKs
Mike Urvand
Callsign: "Babydaddy"
Adult Advanced Space Academy: Expedition 6 10/31-11/05, 2021! Team Magellan
"The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever." - K. Tsiolkovsky
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

Here's their 2018 sample. I had to convert the PDF to a JPG to attach it. This was their 2019 reply: In response to your question about Adult Advanced Space Academy. It is based on the students version of Advanced Space Academy. It will have the same activities with the discussions and briefings being geared toward adults instead of the students.
Attachments
Adult Advanced Academy Sample Schedule1024_1.jpg
Adult Advanced Academy Sample Schedule1024_1.jpg (296.91 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
AdmiralMike
Camper
Camper

Post by AdmiralMike »

So, I talked to a couple of the trainers as to why they don't release the schedules either prior to camp or during camp. They said it's because they want to be able to maintain the flexibility of the schedule. If they release the schedule, then people are expecting modules at a certain time. This way, if they need to, or if they have time, they can move things around or add in extra museum time as desired.
Mike Urvand
Callsign: "Babydaddy"
Adult Advanced Space Academy: Expedition 6 10/31-11/05, 2021! Team Magellan
"The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever." - K. Tsiolkovsky
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

The reason that they don't release the schedules prior to camp is accountability. People could hold them responsible then if they failed to provide something. No one is going to hold them accountable if, for example, dinner is at 6 instead of 5. Yet there will be something said if they fail to provide you with dinner... and yes, I've had that happen.

What if they told you ahead of time that you would have 3 missions and then you only did 2 due to equipment problems and/or personnel shortages? You would then have a reason to ask for a refund as they failed to provide a material activity. That's what they are trying to avoid, in my opinion.