Space Center Fighting Order

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Space Center Fighting Order

Post by majtom7 »

"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
WesL
Camper
Camper

Re: Space Center Fighting Order

Post by WesL »

Just FYI because I was curious about it. Mike Wing is out of federal prison... again. He went to federal prison in 2007, got out in 2016. Somehow ended up coaching a high school baseball and basketball team in Oregon. During that time he had a probation violation for taking out loans and later lying about those loans to his probation officer. He went back to jail in 2017 and was released almost a year ago on Jan 26. Even sounds like he was up to his old tricks promising the baseball players new uniforms, new facilities and such. No word if he promised them all scholarships and a giant 300+ foot baseball bat. To my unofficial knowledge, he NEVER made a payment back to the space center.

https://tdn.com/news/rainier-coach-mike ... 73afd.html
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

Thanks, Wes! I had thought your website had gone away but Jackie D sent me the link. I enjoy reading about the meetings and getting a feel for what may be coming down the pipe.

I wonder how many folks remember Mike Wing. He was a con man, for sure. Told people what they wanted to hear with no real plans behind it..
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
WesL
Camper
Camper

Post by WesL »

Well thanks I appreciate that. I did go away when I thought things were under control and then every once in awhile people would tell me about some crazy story and it would verify. This arbitration loss was the final straw. So I’m back for a while and I’ve got a backlog of stuff to look at. However, I’m going to take some time and write up the Mike Wing story again. Feel like we need to relive that again so better decisions are hopefully made.
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

Thanks, Wes for all your work on the timeline and the other articles. It makes me wonder what else slips through the cracks.
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

https://sprocketeers.org/2019/06/space- ... ts-seized/

Thank you, Wes for the continued follow-ups. Perhaps Space Race garnished USSRC's available cash.. The HOA where I live has tried that a few times when it had a judgement and found out where the defendant banked.