Looking for old teammates

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Looking for old teammates

Post by majtom7 »

SpaceCanada wrote:Cool! Thanks for sharing. My two youth camps and one adult camp came up. Corporate/private group camps didn't.
Voila! My USSRC camps appear now. Ditto on the corporates...

Yet I am unable to answer my burning question... Was the Sandy Magnus on the other team during my first camp in 1991 THE Sandy Magnus? Inquiring minds want to know ;)
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

You could search using her last name and birthdate... Might tell you.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

I couldn't find a Magnus or a Hall that matched her public birthdate. So looks like you're SOL.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

Hotdog wrote:I couldn't find a Magnus or a Hall that matched her public birthdate. So looks like you're SOL.
Hey, good thinking, both of you! I figured that it must be unlikely yet you never know. She worked on her thesis from 1991-96 according to her official bio before receiving her doctorate from Georgia Tech.
"I wanted to be humble, never arrogant, which is a trait astronauts despise." Mike Massimino
Conan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Conan »

I tried it today. It won't let me search my last name with the apostrophe, and when I search it with no apostrophe, only one of my twelve camps came up. Aviation Challenge in 2004. So I would have to say that it still needs a lot of work. My most recent camps are 2014 and 2015, so it isn't because of being too long ago.
Conan
1988-Adult Lev. I
1994-Parent/Child
1996-Adult Lev. II
1997-Adult AC
1998-P/C
1999-Pilot/Copilot
2000-P/C FL
2000-Adv. Adult Acad
2001-Adult AC
2004-Pilot/Copilot,
2007-Adult Alum.Reunion
2009-P/C
2014 - Adult 4-Day
2015 - Advance Adult Academy
airkale
Camper
Camper

Post by airkale »

I think what Jeff described is all part of the experience...

To go off to camp when you are young... meet a good looking girl who likes nerdy stuff...and of course you screw it up and don't even think to ask her how to get in touch after the camp dream comes to an end. Dang! Things just go way too fast at camp. Before you know it, you are graduating and the parents wisk you away, back to reality. Tis the way of the world.
Kale

Space Camp(Thiokol, 94,P/S: Columbia),Space Academy(Boeing,95,CMDR: Discovery),AC Mach II("Ace",97),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,07),Adult Alumni Academy(Columbia,08). Been a frequent visitor to USSRC over all the years since.
majtom7
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by majtom7 »

majtom7 wrote:Yet I am unable to answer my burning question... Was the Sandy Magnus on the other team during my first camp in 1991 THE Sandy Magnus? Inquiring minds want to know ;)
It turns out that she was.

https://www.spacecamp.com/social/2017-0 ... aut-alumni

Dr. Magnus has a different story than the majority of our astronaut alumni. She did not attend camp as a child. She attended a weekend Adult Space Academy in 1991, while a student at Georgia Tech.