SC Ambassador program? Anyone here in that program?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Re: SC Ambassador program? Anyone here in that program?

Post by Boomerang »

Sounds like something we can try to encourage them to improve. Even if we couldnt get several copies it would be easy enough to send a request for the new brochure each year but that only gets you one copy which would still be good for display
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Boomerang wrote:Sounds like something we can try to encourage them to improve.
I was told that the Amabassador program was something that'd been bounced around among people at the center, and apparently nothing had happened within the program until very recently when it was assigned to someone else.
Steve and I met with the person currently assigned to it when we were each at SC in September. She seemed really on the ball and interested in making it better but it seemed to me she didn't have a lot of backing to implement much.
I got the real feeling that this is one of those, "Man, I don't want to do that, give that to the new guy/gal..." kinds of things. I think the person handling it now is doing a good job, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if she was transferred on to something else eventually and the whole program just stalls until it's assigned to someone else looking to make a name for themselves.
Every company and office has stuff like this, the programs that people in corner window offices want to keep going but nobody wants to devote any real time or resources to it.
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Sounds pretty typical of the space and rocket center. People move around there all the time some up some down some out. And sadly some things never get the backing they deserve. Like this alumni advisory board they have recenty started looking for members for. Hotdog and i took a proposal for something like this to them 4 years ago. Suddenly its this great idea that the space and rocket center decided to implement. No acknowledgement to the people who proposed it in the first place by the way. I'm glad to see the person in charge of the ambassador program is atleast oprn to input because alot of people there are not and often if they do take a suggestion they then take full credit for it.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008