2013 Prices

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

WesL
Camper
Camper

2013 Prices

Post by WesL »

I'm sitting in a joint meeting of the Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission Executive and Business Committees. A moment ago there was a discussion about ongoing analysis of the current pricing that has been in place for several years. From the back and forth with the members of the committees and staff it sounds like there is a strong chance the pricing structure will change for next year.

Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission is the state of Alabama agency that is responsible for the operation of the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, Space Camp and Aviation Challenge.
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

I hope they'll introduce "anchor" pricing. Put the 12 day in the brochure with a price of X.

When camp is less than X, it'll look like a bargain.
WesL
Camper
Camper

Post by WesL »

The center reported that by the end of this summer they expect to have had 900+ trainees in the robotics track alone. Because of this influx they are planning on launching a full week robotics program that doesn't include a shuttle mission.

Group programs may also be tweaked and finally ... you guys just go ahead and sit down for your own safety.

There was a brief discussion about programs that aren't making a profit. The adult programs look to be in that category. Sounds like the committee members would like to see a business plan including how to better market those programs or eliminate them.
Lin
Camper
Camper

Post by Lin »

WesL wrote:The center reported that by the end of this summer they expect to have had 900+ trainees in the robotics track alone. Because of this influx they are planning on launching a full week robotics program that doesn't include a shuttle mission.

Group programs may also be tweaked and finally ... you guys just go ahead and sit down for your own safety.

There was a brief discussion about programs that aren't making a profit. The adult programs look to be in that category. Sounds like the committee members would like to see a business plan including how to better market those programs or eliminate them.

Nooooo!!!!! I was hoping they'd being back the adult 8 day, not elimate the adult camp altogether.
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

Lin wrote:
WesL wrote:There was a brief discussion about programs that aren't making a profit. The adult programs look to be in that category. Sounds like the committee members would like to see a business plan including how to better market those programs or eliminate them.
Nooooo!!!!! I was hoping they'd being back the adult 8 day, not elimate the adult camp altogether.
I was thinking the same thing and was hoping to go back to at least adult 6 day camp, if not 8 day.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
Lin
Camper
Camper

Post by Lin »

gt0163c wrote:
Lin wrote:
WesL wrote:There was a brief discussion about programs that aren't making a profit. The adult programs look to be in that category. Sounds like the committee members would like to see a business plan including how to better market those programs or eliminate them.
I was thinking the same thing and was hoping to go back to at least adult 6 day camp, if not 8 day.
A six day camp would be awesome.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Check out our thread about an adult week in 2013. I still have not been able to get in touch with anyone so I am going to call tomorrow and stay on the line until I talk to someone who can give me concrete details. I will do my best to get a private adult 6- or 8-day camp in autumn 2013.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Lin
Camper
Camper

Post by Lin »

SpaceCanada wrote:Check out our thread about an adult week in 2013. I still have not been able to get in touch with anyone so I am going to call tomorrow and stay on the line until I talk to someone who can give me concrete details. I will do my best to get a private adult 6- or 8-day camp in autumn 2013.
I saw that thread and it sounded awesome! I wasn't sure anyone was still spearheading it, so I'm delighted to hear you are. Please let us know how it goes? :D
WesL
Camper
Camper

Post by WesL »

Looks like all weeklong programs will see a $30 increase.
Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

WesL wrote:Looks like all weeklong programs will see a $30 increase.
Wes could tell me where the information is on the week long for 2013? Thanks for the help!! :lol:
Lin
Camper
Camper

Post by Lin »

Any word on whether there will be an adult program next year?
Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

Lin wrote:
Looks like on the website, they will have a 3 day for next year. I still wonder if a week long is in the mix. :D
Lin
Camper
Camper

Post by Lin »

Steve wrote:
Lin wrote:
Looks like on the website, they will have a 3 day for next year. I still wonder if a week long is in the mix. :D

WOOHOO!
Steve
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Steve »

Lin wrote:
Steve wrote:
Lin wrote: Any word on whether there will be an adult program next year?

WOOHOO!
Going to sign Lin for 2013? I am going in a couple of weeks. WHOOHOO!!! :lol:
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

It is likely that The Hotdog may come out of retirement and come back for a 2013 adult session, ...IF...we can get a good Hab1 Alumni group together!
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
p51
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by p51 »

Hotdog wrote:It is likely that The Hotdog may come out of retirement and come back for a 2013 adult session, ...IF...we can get a good Hab1 Alumni group together!
I've already told my wife that if I have as good a time at SC in September, I'd probably wanna go again. She didn't even bat an eye!
Skidmark
Space Academy: 2012, 2013 and 2014
Advanced Space Academy: 2016 and 2018

Undefeated for winning mission patch designs!
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

If we are able to get a group together, I would like to suggest Aug 23-25 2013 (before football season starts) :wink:
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
Lin
Camper
Camper

Post by Lin »

I just posted this in a new thread, but I thought I should copy it here, too:

Space Camp recently posted this on its Facebook page:

Attention summer 2012 Alumi: Deadline to book for 2013 to save $200 is Sept 7! Call to register today, 800-637-7223.

And this as a response to a comment under that post:

. . . all alumni are eligible for a $100 discount so you can register using that code

So it sounds like all of this year's alumni can get at least a $100 discount on next year, with the kids' camps getting a $200 discount. If I read that right. Not sure what "code" they're talking about-- there was no code mentioned in the original FB post-- but calling and mentioning the FB post should get the discount, I imagine....