Water fountains

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Water fountains

Post by Benji »

I went to the USSRC with my daughters on Saturday morning. After dancing under the Saturn V, barely escaping attacking aliens in the kids area of the Davidson Center, blasting off in Kids Cosmos, and marveling at Pathfinder, the kids were thirsty.

The water fountains outside by Pathfinder were turned off and the one outside of the food court restroom was broken. So, I went to the cafeteria and asked for a cup of water. The supervisor there insisted that I pay 45¢ for a cup. Not only is that a ridiculous price, but it's wrong to charge at all if there are no water fountain options.

I was reading the comments on the article posted on the front page and came across someone who said that the food service manager is "such a total [jerk that] the local CocaCola vendors knew about him from Nashville." I assume that's the same person who decided 45¢ was a fair price for tap water. Also, I couldn't believe how overstaffed the cafeteria was (three employees and the supervisor standing by the registers serving exactly nobody, myself excluded). No wonder the place is losing so much money.

Oh, and I passed on their water and got a cup of better quality water from Camp cafeteria. For free.
Ad astra per aspera.
CRS
Counselor
Counselor

Water Fountains

Post by CRS »

Hi Benji, we got your note about the water fountains and are very sorry for that. A work order has been submitted to fix the one you reported as broken. I also followed up with our facilities folks on the ones that are turned off. These will be turned back on again once the weather is warmer as they have a tendency to freeze in the cold. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the center and thank you for the information you passed along to us!