Applying to become a counselor for summer 2010

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

iocaste90
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Applying to become a counselor for summer 2010

Post by iocaste90 »

Hey guys- I'll be applying this spring to become a camp counselor and RA this summer. This is something that I've always wanted to do. Do you have any tips on what I can do to enhance my application/ increase my chances of being accepted as a counselor for summer 2010?
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Main thing i can say is be honest don't over exaggerate your strengths because the job will bring it out. I will say this if you are an alumni make sure that's known because Alumni get higher priority in hiring in general. Come summer there is also a chance they may only hire Aviation Challenge and not space camp. Most years they seem to hire both but it depends on how many counselors they have left over from the earlier hiring. If offered an AC job don't dismiss the possibility its different than space camp but still a great place to work.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

You need to contact Human Resources IMMEDIATELY!!!! Training began today for Spring 2010's new counselors. Depending on how many complete training and how many stay on for the summer will determine if another group will be hired and trained.

Hiring for the spring counselors begins in late November. Always check our website for notices of hiring.
Living the dream
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

Good news for those still interested in being a Space Camp counselor for summer 2010. Human Resources posted another 30 jobs, to train in the spring. They are also taking applications for Aviation Challenge counselors.

Get to spacecamp.com and apply!
Living the dream
CRS
Counselor
Counselor

Post by CRS »

If you are interested in a summer position I would recommend having your application and packet in by Feb. 1st. All the information is at www.spacecamp.com/counselors. We currently do not have any spring positions open.
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

I hate to contradict CRS, but it was announced that there will be another training in March for Level 3 (open availability) counselors. Training will be 10-30 March and 20 people will be hired to train.

Training in May (25- June 5) will be for new space staff, new AC staff, and cross training space staff at AC. Get your applications in now!
Living the dream