Looking for Enterprise Team

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

rkolker
Camper
Camper

Looking for Enterprise Team

Post by rkolker »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

From 1986 to 1996, an adult group known as "Enterprise Team" went to Space Camp/Academy, among other things prototyping the Advanced Adult Level II in 1990.

If you were on one of the Enterprise Teams, I'm looking for you, because we're planning a session for the fall of 2008. If you were one of our councilors/sim sups, we'd like to have you join us as well.

Contact me at [email protected].
++rich
Enterprise Team - Founded 1985
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

We had one member (Greg/Rockhound) on my adult team who has been to the adult camp for years and years. Actually, most of them had been coming to the adult sessions every year for many years...

Check my team photo and see if any of my adult team mates (from the alumni 8-day camp in 2004) are on your Enterprise team. If so, I could contact them and give them your e-mail. Let me know...

Team Photo: http://spacecamp.ibnerd.net/main.php?g2_itemId=4000
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
empress
Camper
Camper

I know nothing!!!

Post by empress »

I know nothing about Enterprise Team! I'll deny EVERYTHING!!! - Oh wait - it's in my signature, isn't it... Hey Rich - You are missing at least 3 patches that I can tell - the horizontal rectangular blue one, MY PATCH, and the last triangular ET patch. Those are the last three ET sessions, I think. Do you have them??? I MAY know where you can get them if you don't... (ie - stash in Chicago)
1986-current: Enterprise Team
"I am the Commander of this ship, and I am responsible for my crew. And I say we're doing whatever we have to, to keep them all alive." - My one-time refusal to Mission Control, thus earning me my call-sign.
rkolker
Camper
Camper

Re: I know nothing!!!

Post by rkolker »

empress wrote:I know nothing about Enterprise Team! I'll deny EVERYTHING!!! - Oh wait - it's in my signature, isn't it... Hey Rich - You are missing at least 3 patches that I can tell - the horizontal rectangular blue one, MY PATCH, and the last triangular ET patch. Those are the last three ET sessions, I think. Do you have them??? I MAY know where you can get them if you don't... (ie - stash in Chicago)
I stole all the graphics from enterpriseteam.org, which has them all so far as I know. I just wanted to fill up the line, not be a completist. Besides, I didn't attend a couple of those sessions.
Last edited by rkolker on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
++rich
rkolker
Camper
Camper

Post by rkolker »

SpaceCanada wrote:We had one member (Greg/Rockhound) on my adult team who has been to the adult camp for years and years. Actually, most of them had been coming to the adult sessions every year for many years...

Check my team photo and see if any of my adult team mates (from the alumni 8-day camp in 2004) are on your Enterprise team. If so, I could contact them and give them your e-mail. Let me know...

Team Photo: http://spacecamp.ibnerd.net/main.php?g2_itemId=4000
I don't recognize anyone, but check out the team photos at http://enterpriseteam.org to see if you recognize anyone.

Thanks!
++rich
rkolker
Camper
Camper

Post by rkolker »

Session planning continues. Here's a prototype patch design...

http://rkolker.com/gallery/main.php?g2_ ... alNumber=2
++rich
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

rkolker wrote:I don't recognize anyone, but check out the team photos at http://enterpriseteam.org to see if you recognize anyone.
No, I do not see anyone that was on my team. I guess a lot of adults go to Space Camp every year. A guy on my team named Mike was so into it he was trying to build a shuttle and MMU sim at his house! Seriously! Then, from what they said, many of my team mates had been returnees for 5 plus years. They all usually go the last week in September/the first week in October every year.

I am actually surprised that none of your diehard team went to the 'first/new' alumni 8-day adult session in 2004. There are many groups that stick together over the years. It is nice to see so many enthusiasts!
- Jennifer -
rkolker
Camper
Camper

Post by rkolker »

SpaceCanada wrote:
I am actually surprised that none of your diehard team went to the 'first/new' alumni 8-day adult session in 2004. There are many groups that stick together over the years. It is nice to see so many enthusiasts!
We all kinda lost track of what was going on at Space Camp since nobody was attending. I found out about the 25th Anniversary alumni session only by chance, when I was surfing by the web site to see what was new.

One of our "side trips" was to fly on the Vomit Comet in 1989 (4th patch from the right...or 5th from the left). Along on the same set of flights were most of the Canadian astronaut team as of that time. Really nice guys. One of them took care of me after the plane really lived up to its name. I don't often get airsick (well -- about the only time has been flying parabolas, I did it again in Russia and got sick again) but when I do it takes me quite a while to recover. I was patch collecting at the time, and the sent me a couple of nice Canadian Space Program patches.

I like Canada. Thanks for looking at the photos. People are turning up. The internet is a good search tool.
++rich
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

rkolker wrote:I like Canada.
I like Canada too!

I try to collect the Canadian space patches but they are very difficult to come by, especially outside of Ontario and Québec. (Spot the one on my flight suit in my photos.) I hope to get Dr. Williams' Canadian mission patch at the STS-118 launch in August.

You have such great experiences - riding the KC-135 with Canadian astronauts - wow!
- Jennifer -
rkolker
Camper
Camper

Post by rkolker »

SpaceCanada wrote:
You have such great experiences - riding the KC-135 with Canadian astronauts - wow!
The world is full of great experiences. My rules for finding and taking advantage of them...

1. Look - Keep your eyes open. You never know when an opportunity is going to come up. The Vomit Comet flight happened because Byron Lichtenberg was our astronaut speaker at Space Camp, and he mentioned his company was subletting the Comet from NASA. Which brings me to my second rule which is...

2. Ask - All someone can do is say no. When Bonnie Jacobson of Enterprise Team arranged a tour of JSC for us (this was before I went to work there) we were in the visitor's room behind the MOCR when she asked "Can we go on the floor?" Next thing you know we were sitting in the the flight director's chair. After that, we always knew to ask for everything.

3. Do it! - I went into debt getting a bunch of these experiences. Don't be silly, but don't be afraid to pay off a once in a lifetime experience over time..or several once in a lifetime experiences.
++rich
Richasi
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Richasi »

rkolker wrote:3. Do it! - I went into debt getting a bunch of these experiences. Don't be silly, but don't be afraid to pay off a once in a lifetime experience over time..or several once in a lifetime experiences.
Yes, this is a big one! I took a layoff situation back in 2002 into a month-long backpacking trip to Europe. The severance package helped but it was an opportunity I couldn't miss!
Space Camp • June 11-16, 1989 - Session 31 - Martin Marietta
Space Academy, Level 1 • June 16-21, 1991 - Session 24 - BDM
Adult Space Academy • September 26-28, 2003 - Session 52 - Discovery
Alumni Camp • June 14-17, 2007 - Session 38 - Challenger
rkolker
Camper
Camper

Post by rkolker »

Planning has begun on the first Enterprise Team session since 1996. We're looking at an 8 day session in October of 2008. Since priorities mean nothing :) , planning started with designing the patch.

http://rkolker.com/gallery/main.php?g2_ ... alNumber=2

Now, on to designing the program!
++rich
empress
Camper
Camper

Post by empress »

ImageImageImage

OK Rich - I couldn't stand it any longer! Here are the other 3 ET patches - BTW - I fixed the orientation of 1995's - I was tired of tilting my head... :)
1986-current: Enterprise Team
"I am the Commander of this ship, and I am responsible for my crew. And I say we're doing whatever we have to, to keep them all alive." - My one-time refusal to Mission Control, thus earning me my call-sign.