World Series 2006

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Who wins the World Series?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:20 pm

Detroit Tigers
50%
St. Louis Cardinals
50%

Total votes: 2
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

World Series 2006

Post by Sandrat »

World Series 2006

Alright, let's see who has the Right Stuff. Who wins the Series and in how many games?

I say Detroit in Five Games.

Anybody else?
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

I'm a sox fan, so I am just finishing my time as ws champs
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

I hate baseball, but for the fear of my life and for the love of my home, GO ANGLES (even though I know you suck. :lol: )
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

Being from Canada, everything here revolves around hockey so I'm not a big baseball fan.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

monkeynautt wrote:Being from Canada, everything here revolves around hockey so I'm not a big baseball fan.
I'll second that. Go Edmonton Oilers! :-)
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Spanky
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spanky »

We should bomb Canada and get it over with!!

To quote Sheila Broflovski: "When Canada is dead and gone, there'll be no more Celine Dion! Blame Canada! Blame Canada! It seems that everything's gone wrong since Canada came along. Blame Canada! Blame Canada!"
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."Lord Baden-Powell

U.S Space Camp - 1982-1988
Aviation Challenge Staff /Program Manager - 1996-2004
Knight 3, Commander 77th TFS 1999-2004
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

wow. Ever heared of anger management? Without Canada there would be no one left to make fun. Well except for me. :D I love Canada. Without them we would not have many TV shows.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I remember that song... we played it in school and laughed at it. :-)

Nothing says Canadian pride better than the old Molson Canadian beer ads on TV. Hilarious I say...

It is funny when people make fun of Canada because they usually get it all wrong and we end up laughing at them. :P
- Jennifer -
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

It makes Canadian jokes all the better when they laugh right back at you. :lol: Canadian Bacon is my favorite stupid Candains, stupid americans movie. Man, I need to go see it now.
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

Spanky wrote:We should bomb Canada and get it over with!!

To quote Sheila Broflovski: "When Canada is dead and gone, there'll be no more Celine Dion! Blame Canada! Blame Canada! It seems that everything's gone wrong since Canada came along. Blame Canada! Blame Canada!"

"They're not even a real country anyway!"

Wow - a South Park the Movie quote. I wondered how long it would take to make it these boards....
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

lol

To sorta quote Candian Bacon "They're like another state" They said something like that. Right? Hey if not then I'm saying it now.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

You should hear the things Americans say about Canadians. CBC television randomly goes down to ask questions to Americans and they give the strangest answers. Once, they had a bunch of people all convinced that Canada was SOUTH of the United States. Some people at Harvard thought it was okay for surgeons to smoke in operating theatres, and some others at MIT couldn't figure out why Canada didn't have seasons. (Yes, we have seasons...)

I could go on and on... my trip to Space Camp in 1998 was filled with so many spoofs I played on the Americans. I live in the first two-storey igloo in my village, the McDonalds live next door, it took two days to get to the airport by doglsed, and I have a pet polar bear named Humushu. And yes, both Canada Goose and Canadian Geese are correct. ;-)
- Jennifer -
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

that is too funny. I know we are horriable at canadian things. You could probably covince me of strange things. (People have done it to me before). I'm looking forward to that new show "Underfunded". It's about a canadian secret service guy who cn't afford anything and everyon thinks he is a joke. I love canada. I'm watching a canadian made show right now. Go Canada.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Not all Americans are dumbfounded when it comes to Canadian things, some are quite bright. We just have a sibling-style rivalry going on. I think it's all (or at least mostly) done in good fun though.

The weather isn't so much fun right now... -20C (-4F) with a windchill of -25C (-17F) outside just now. It's like December came early this year. It does make for good snowball fights though! And snowmen too... I must make a snowman this winter!

For now, I'll go make a nice hot cup of tea!
- Jennifer -
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

I don't think I've ever made a snowman before. It is soooo hot down here. Shorts and t-shirt weather. I'm ready for the rain.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

It's official... we are a hockey-obsessed nation... even our troops abroad have made hockey a part of their lives:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/afghan_cda_morale

As for weather here, things were ugly yesterday morning (-20C/-4F) but the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and 0C/32F - yay! :D
- Jennifer -
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

That is awsome. I'm glad they are doing something they enjoy while up there. It is even better that they are helping out the kids. I love hearing stories like this, they are way better then what the news likes to show.

It is still hot here. We had rain two or three days ago, pretty hard. Clouds cleared and we're back to fall weather. We are suppose to have el nimo(think I spelled that right) conditions this winter. I haven't seen much of it considering that those conditions would be rainy and wet. It will be my luck and I'mm miss the rain for some reason. I always do.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

karatebando wrote:It is even better that they are helping out the kids.
My former Scout leader was deployed to Afghanistan a few times. While there he set up the 1st Afghanistan Scout Troop. Our Scout troop here gathered up and donated a crate of old Scouting supplies - uniforms, books, compasses, etc. Kids from all different background joined the Scouts, and they all seemed to have a good time together. They taught the kids basic Scouting skills and played games but they also taught also war safety skills like how to avoid mines, what to do if you hear sirens, etc. all with a huge language barrier. Another heart-warming story.

I come from a town next to a big military base, so we know loads of military families with stories like these.
- Jennifer -
karatebando
Camper
Camper

Post by karatebando »

I live close to a marine base and know a lot of military families as well but I rarely hear stories like these. Thanks for the heart warming stories.