Adult SA Attire

Going to camp soon? Have questions about camp? Post them here for those that have gone to answer.

Moderator: Vincent

Pixie
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Adult SA Attire

Post by Pixie »

Hey, anyone know if the adults have to wear the oh-so-cute space suits for adult space academy? Thanks!

Pix
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Adults wore flight suits for summer of last year. But i dont know if they're required...
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
aerodiver
Counselor
Counselor

Post by aerodiver »

I'm pretty sure they aren't required to wear flight suits, and some adults can not fit into the space suits. It really just depends on which mission possition that you get. If you don't want to wear them just tell your team leader, and they will do what they can. HTH
Go-Ku

If you look at the world and never question anything how can you ever truely learn anything at all?

Maverick can't hover!!!!

Helicopters don't fly, they simply beat the air into submission.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

When I was at Advanced Space Academy for Adults we all got a flight suit to wear for the week - and yes, everyone fit into one, even the larger members of our team! We all wore them for every mission - not because we were forced to, but because we wanted to - it significantly adds to the atmosphere. So, have fun with it and enjoy! And... if you really refuse to wear a flights suit, just say so... I doubt anyone would make you wear one against your will. (Except for the team photo of course...)
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
aerodiver
Counselor
Counselor

Post by aerodiver »

I just wanted to clarify, that when I said the Space Suits, I was talking about the white ones with the helmet on top. The flight suits are made to fit everyone and can be quite comfortable. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.
Go-Ku

If you look at the world and never question anything how can you ever truely learn anything at all?

Maverick can't hover!!!!

Helicopters don't fly, they simply beat the air into submission.
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

Everyone in my group wore flight suits, and those who did the EVA wore space suits, so the question of not wearing one didn't come up, but I think it would be okay, too. I actually wore my own flight suit (that I owned prior to camp) on Saturday when most of our missions were, so I was in light blue and everyone else's were orange, but everyone seemed cool with it :) A few people in my group bought the royal blue flight suits at the gift shop, but they didn't wear them during camp - I think they were too self-conscious to let people know they'd bought one! Hehehe...

Oh, and our team photo was taken in our Space Academy T-shirts...kinda wish we were in flight suits!
Adult Space Academy Sept. 24-26, 2004
Pixie
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Pixie »

Thanks all! I think I worded my original post wrong. I shouldn't have asked if we "had" to wear the suits. I'm not morally opposed to wearing one or something :D . My friend and I were just trying to decide what to pack for the weekend . Four weeks to go....

Pix
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

You'll have a great time! Wish I was going back this year!
Adult Space Academy Sept. 24-26, 2004