Music

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

Manheim Steamroller is alright, however, the Transiberian Orchestra blows them away. Only with the TSO can you pretend to be rocking out hardcore to Carol of the Bells.

Anyhow, on the topic of music I like, well, let's just say I like a lot of stuff. So much, in fact, that to listen to my entire music library it would take me 7 days, an hour, and 29 minutes.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

Lots of music is good! I've got a friend that once said his music library would take him over a month to listen to. I forget what the exact time was, and I know it's increased since he said that. Last I heard it was +9000 songs, and +40GB. I know it's grown though. A person can never have enough music!!
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

I'm pretty sure my library's only around 2 or 3 days, but I couldn't tell ya, since I'm not in iTunes right now... anyways, what I consider unique about my library (and especially my iPod, with about 910 songs right now) is that I didn't pay for a good portion (somewhere between 75% and 85%) of it, yet it's all legit downloads... yeah, the bands I listen to are cool about sharing a track or two. I love indie!

Also, just remember this name: We Are Scientists. They recently signed to Virgin Records and are working on an album and a music video... so hopefully they'll make it big! Check 'em out at www.wearescientists.com if you want, but do note that each song is different, so try all four of their free downloads.
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Actually, i've heard We Are Scientists. They were on G4/TechTV once... It was interesting :lol:
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

G4/TechTV? Are you serious? In what context? That's just about the most awesome thing I've heard in the last 10 minutes! (10 minutes only because my memory is that short-term...)
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

Yay for short term memory!! :D
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I could be wrong here but i'm pretty sure i wouldnt mix up a band named We Are Scientist. It was on an episode of X-Play and for some reason they decided to have them play a song... Something about dinosaurs if i remember correctly. :lol:
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Hmm... I don't remember them having a song about dinosaurs, so who knows... also, you'd think I'd hear about a television appearance, since I really am possibly one of their top 10 fans... but I believe you, nonetheless.

Odd... why does G4 have its own separate website?
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Haha. It could have been another band with the word scientist in their name. G4 is the only site now. TechTV is pretty much gone its just that us faithful viewers still call it that so they are forced to retain the name in some places.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

That's odd... I always thought TechTV was the more popular of the 2 networks, and then I totally approved of the merge... sucks that they just killed TechTV.
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

TECH TV IS DEAD?!
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Its not dead per se but G4 kinda ate everything that was TechTV in the merge. Technically the name TechTV is still on virtually everything but the actual channel has changed A LOT! They play about a quarter of the informational shows they used to like screen savers and whatnot. Most of that stuff is either gone or shows a lot less. X-Play is still on though so i'm good! :) I do miss screen savers with kat and the gnome but i suppose those are days of the past. :(
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Isn't Attack of the Show pretty much a "cooler" replacement of The Screen Savers?

Also, yeah, it is sad that everything disappeared... here I thought TechTV was the cooler of the two and doing better as one channel... and now it's practically gone...
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I havnt actually watched attack of the show. When they make things cool/trendy they end up taking out all of the actual informative stuff. Apparently, its not 'cool' to know how to mod cases or build computers anymore. :lol: Its odd though in the student center of my college CNN and G4/TechTV are the only two channels they ever play lol. So i catch xplay if i stop by for some lunch or between a class.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

Actually getting back to music now, lol.

I got the Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith soundtrack today. It's awesome! It even came with a 70 minute DVD that shows bits of the entire saga. They have sections with selections of scenes that fit a particular topic. Things like Anakin and Padmé's love, how Anakin turns to the dark side, R2-D2 and C3PO, lots of stuff on the Jedi's. I think it's pretty darn cool!

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie next weekend and this just heightens my excitement! :D
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Ooh... cool... sounds like a good album.

So We Are Scientists's single, "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt" officially went to radio in the UK this week... hopefully it'll ascend in popularity.
cheshire
Camper
Camper

Post by cheshire »

The Star Wars sound track is so awesome. The movie is too. I'm one of the dorks who has already seen Revenge of the Sith four times already.
The DVD that came with the sound track is really neat!
"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

cheshire wrote:The DVD that came with the sound track is really neat!
Indeed it is!!

I've already got my music copied to my music library on my computer, so I'm loaning the CD to one of my friends so he can put it on his computer. Since I don't have any other Star Wars soundtracks and he does, he's bringing me the ones he has tomorrow so I can put them on my computer, lol. I love getting new music!! :D
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

cheshire wrote:I'm one of the dorks who has already seen Revenge of the Sith four times already./quote]

Whoa, that's intense... I've only seen it once... since you're from Atlanta, let me ask: what theatre do you go to?
I've already got my music copied to my music library on my computer, so I'm loaning the CD to one of my friends so he can put it on his computer. Since I don't have any other Star Wars soundtracks and he does, he's bringing me the ones he has tomorrow so I can put them on my computer, lol.
You do know that's illegal, right? Sorry to say... just that I try to keep everything I do legal.
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

Yeah, if they didn't charge an arm and a leg for a CD I'd probably go buy them myself. I think CDs are WAY over priced.