Photos of Armstrong on Moon

A forum for the discussion of actual scientific events, phenomena, space-related news, etc.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Photos of Armstrong on Moon

Post by Benji »

The selfish/envious Buzz Aldrin didn't take any photos of Neil Armstrong on the Moon. Or so we've been told. Buzz may have tried to excude him, but Neil did make it onto some stills (5, apparently) They're not great shots, but worth noting. And it makes you wonder just what other not-so-true knowledge Space Camp disperses.

NASA.gov
Ad astra per aspera.
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

ok, lol, i dont even know why im giving this any energy. but i feel like defending space camp. so huzzah!
from what ive been told, it wasnt that there werent any pictures of neil on the moon, but instead, every picture of a posed person is of buzz. candid shots from the lem dont count in what they consider pics of people on the moon.
and... buzz wasnt selfish. how would you feel in his shoes? lol, or moon-boots! :D training all that time. and for what? to never be known by little children learning about the first footprints on the moon? i dunno about you, but i would feel the exact same way. however, the question remains....would i have been that clever? :D
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

*gets a dreamy look* There will be pictures of me on the moon one day . . .one day.
stargazer0105
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by stargazer0105 »

Heck, I feel more sorry for Michael Collins. At least Buzz got to walk on the moon. Actually, it seems that just as many people are familiar with his name as Neil Armstrong's because of its uniqueness.
Advanced Space Academy -July 13-19, 2002-Armstrong-Pilot
Advanced Space Academy -June 28-July 4, 2003-Von Braun-Pilot
ASA 12 day June 26-July 8, 2005
spacebarfie
Camper
Camper

Post by spacebarfie »

i heard somewhere (but i'm not sure if it's true or not) that Buzz was orginaly going to be the first man on the moon, but then he swiched with Neil, but their agreement was that if Neil was the first man on the moon then all the photographs on the moon would be of Buzz
~Katie

SC August 1999
SA June 2001
ASA July 2003
ASA 8-day July 2004
ASA 12-day June 26th-July 8th 2005
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

what i heard at camp was neil was supposed to be the first. then he and buzz (i love how we're on a first name basis) fought because buzz wanted to be first. houston told the two that they needed to figure it out before they could descend. buzz gave in and the deal was the since neil had been the one who practiced being first, neil would be first. (now if buzz had been first...maybe he would have said it right. lol, just dont get me started!) so in order to "get back" at both neil and nasa buzz "forgets" his camera back with michael.

i dunno if thats right. but thats what i heard. however, we all have learned how some stories from some counselors aren't necessarily accurate. ;)
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.