Space Campers Voting

A place to talk about any and all things not related to Space Camp.

Moderator: Vincent

Hab1 Mock Election, Who would you vote for?

George W Bush
43%
John Kerry
57%

Total votes: 14
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

tennisrox014 wrote:
meg wrote:
SpaceCanada wrote: and if we lived in canada we would be like poor because doctors dont get paid as much there.
I'm researching this.

"The average income (after expenses) of a family physician in Canada is about $100,000."
and in the US
"Doctorate
Mean:72,099
Male: 77,815
Female: 55,041"
So convert 100,000 from Canadian Dollars, and they make about 78,000.

So conisdering that these are very tenative numbers, we can guesstimate that doctors are pretty much paid between 70,000 and 80,000 in both the US and Canada.
Meg wrote:compared to every (!) single other country out there, we're pretty darn lucky and pretty darn safe.

We're also pretty darn arrogant, pretty darn annoying, pretty darn self-absorbed, pretty darn pessimistic, pretty darn hated by everyone else. (I'm talking about hated by people, not by governments).
I'd take New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Germany, France, Spain, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, England, Scotland, Ireland, Switerland, or Sweden anyday over the US.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."
meg
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by meg »

*moves her arms between the computer and her body in the shape of an x and slowly backs away from the computer*
(*~*) megan (*~*)

it's a time to seize the moment.
it's a time to move on.
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

I second dan on that. There are much more developed countries, not in terms of weapons but in terms of morals and diplomatic skills. I would also add Italy to that list.
-Matthew
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

Girl, this isn't the X-prize thread. We're having a light political argument, and if that's not your kind of thing, than just ignore me.

After all, you haven't done anything wrong, and I still love ya.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

A lot of people hate the us but that dosnt explain why so many of thier fellow countrymen are coming here. The point is everybody believes thier country is the best so nobody will ever get along. Its pretty much a moot argument. I personally like the U.S. as well as many other countries. We should all just be friends like that string of people holding hands around the globe. I always liked that picture lol.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

Mdanner423 wrote:There are much more developed countries, not in terms of weapons but in terms of morals and diplomatic skills.
And acceptance of sex as a part of society. America is still working on that.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

Hey Dan, you would get a kick out of this. So in English we are watching Bowling For Columbine, Michael Moore's film on gun control. It has anti-us political undertones and because of the patriot act we had to sign a release saying we wouldnt use this for any negative reasons, isnt that just odd? The teacher says since it is a public school they make her do it.
-Matthew
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Thats kinda taking it over the top a little. At least they didnt ban it though!
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

Banning it would be first amendment-breakage.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

Space Nerd wrote:A lot of people hate the us but that dosnt explain why so many of thier fellow countrymen are coming here. The point is everybody believes thier country is the best so nobody will ever get along. Its pretty much a moot argument. I personally like the U.S. as well as many other countries. We should all just be friends like that string of people holding hands around the globe. I always liked that picture lol.
YES! i agree! lets all be friends!

and doctors in ND are paid a tad bit more than your research shows, because no one wants to live in ND lol.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

What did you guys think about the debates?
-Matthew
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

I think it became insanely clear who actually had firm viewpoints, and who has true ablility to think on the fly, which is perhaps one of the most important parts of being president.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

And who was this that can think on the fly? I was at school so i couldnt watch...
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

they both did ok.bush won
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

How can you say that Bush won? The man claimed to being doing hard work, and yet has taken more vacation than any other president, the man simply did <i>not</i> address any questions that he wanted to, he had no real viewpoint on the genocide in Sudan, and he came off looking like he just smoked a bowl right before he came on stage.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

Hey, I think kerry did an amazing job, and so does the rest of the world! In a poll of 2.3 million people, carry won the debate with 61% of the polled. It was a great debate, I was jumping up and down and clapping. I loved when Kerry pointed out things like, we went there for WMDs but there werent any, or bush said Mission Accomplished when nothing was finished. Bush had no response to those! Most of the time he had this expression on his face, like, oh my gosh nobody has ever had the guts to say these things to my face, they have only said it in a movie!
-Matthew
spacemusician
Camper
Camper

Post by spacemusician »

first of all i think that kerry won however i belive its in the eye of the beholder, so if your a kerry fan you think kerry won and if your a bush fan then you tihnk bush won.

on a side note i filled out my absentee ballot today and are going to send it in tomorrow!!!!!
The thing that drives me most is that people tell me that ill never be an astronaut. My love and passion for space will lead me to new heights, hopefully back to the moon or mars.
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

Hahah well everyone knows my opinion and im glad people are voting..

Kerry won. I cant believe anyone could think otherwise. Bush obviously had no real opinion on everything and then stuttered a lot and said well...nothing. Mission Accomplished? Okay there are Iraqi children exploding in the streets just trying to get candy. Seriously. One of the parents said if this is the price of freedom, then we want Saddam back in power because we were safe then. Good job, Bush.

Nevermind there are STILL no Weapons of Mass Destruction there...STILL. And he still can't form sentences. That really disturbes me. Oh and everyone hates us we have no friends in the world because we think we are awesome and can do everything on our own.

Dont even get me started with problems we have here, which might i add, should be addressed before we go trying to fix every other country. We should get our act together here so we can have basic things like health insurance and kids arent killing other kids because there arent locks on guns. Why people can own assault rifles is beyond me. Thats so unecessary.

And why is it so necessary to ban gay marriage...in our consitution no less? I dont understand what the gay people are doing to everyone else by wanting to be married?

And honestly why shouldnt we raise minimum wage and extend unemployment benefits?! Its sad that people can work hard and still not be able to support themselves.

Im really really tired it being 115 on a school night so I seriously should go to sleep. Got a little worked up there. Haha.

Sara
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
Mdanner423
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Mdanner423 »

Interesting morals. So everyone should be treated equal? We shouldnt just attack countries with no reason? We should have controls on guns to stop kids from killing each other? So you think that people should be able to work hard and in return be able to get insurance, and be able to support their family easily? I didn't learn any of these things from the Republican Convention last month?! Thank you liberal democrat for attempting to make the world a better place for everyone! ::Vote Kerry!::
-Matthew
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

Amen, Danner! While I realize you're preaching to the Choir, people should stop and take notice thata good idea might be to also stop killing innocent kids in Iraq. All they wanted was candy, but instead they died or got limbs blown off.

And what I REALLY don't understand is why we are fumbling around in Iraq when we haven't even caught the man responsible for taking thousands of innocent American's lives! Osama should be our top priority. They already proved Saddam had no links to Al Qaeda. Why are we fucking around in that country?

Is it really the innocent Iraqi children's or the 18 year old kids fighting in Iraqs fault we have an idiot for a president?!? No. So why should they suffer?
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00