XMAS camp shirts

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Image Update:

I made a rough sketch during my lunch break. I have Father Christmas in a blue flight suit and a reindeer in the green flight suit. Their proportions are a little off, so I will play with it at home this weekend and get an outline that will look better. I will scan it in as a black and white outline as well as in full-colour.

How big do you want this logo on the shirt? I ask so that I will know how big to make the image. So far it is about 20 cm x 20 cm (8" x 8"). I will scan it in at 300 or 600 dpi so you can get all the fine details.

It is starting to look really good. (Considering I am not an artist!) I should definitely get it posted in the next two weeks!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

wow! these shirts are going to be GREAT!... im so excited.. i dont think time should be a problem seeing as XMAS is like 5 months away.. i think... wow its been a long day and im kinda counting on my fingers.. anyways back on topic im glad we started this early so we could use a great design like this!... who is going to take care of the printing of the shirts? i could check around and make some calls on prices and stuff after the image is posted and stuff? i know this one woman who could do it she owns a shirt and embrodary place and i organize my tennis teams uniforms through her.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Oh, look how fast I am! It turns out it only took me 20 minutes to draw this and another 20 minutes to trace it in ink and make it look pretty. I will colour this design and post it again sometime soon.

So what do you think? Comments (good, bad, or otherwise) are always much appreciated.

PS - My beau made a comment about whether or not to make Father Christmas fat, but since that is merely a Coca-Cola gimmick, I chose to leave Father Christmas at normal size, like I prefer to imagine him as.
- Jennifer -
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Here I am again... I decided that instead of sleeping I would finish colouring and scaning in the Christmas Camp design of mine. I think it turned out rather well! It would need some help making the colours uniform, but I think it has potential, what do you think????

If you want a larger image file, please PM me.
- Jennifer -
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

It's great! Could we make St. Nick a bit bigger? You've got a good point with the Coke Santa, but he's still not a twig. :lol: Could you send me a scan as big as you can make it? http://mailto:[email protected]

Also, what backgroud should this be on?
Ad astra per aspera.
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

wow! that looks great! i had imagined it as great but this is like 10 times better than i ever thought it could be! :D your drawing is alot better than mine! i have trouble with stick people! anywho i think we should put the shirt on a white or mabey a light blue shirt? also are we doing long or short sleeve? i was kinda thinking long sleeves might be a little better seeing the shirts are intended for december?
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

i think it's a great idea
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Oh, I know I will not be wearing one of the Christmas shirts, but my two bits would be a white or ash grey long sleeve shirt. I do not think the logo would stand out well on a coloured shirt. Also, colouring the shirt blue would make it partial to the ASA people, and I believe there will be some AC trainees requesting this shirt as well.
- Jennifer -
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

If you guys vote long-sleeve, that's what we'll go with, but if we do long sleeve, I'll probably only be able to wear it that week. :oops:

I think ash-grey is a good color for the shirts.

We need something behind Sanata and the reindeer... One patch would be nice, perhaps something with USSRC would be good.
Ad astra per aspera.
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

i think short sleeved is cool because you can wear it all year round...we could do it in red too (since that's a christmas color...just an idea)

how about stars in the background.....that would definately work for asa and probably ac
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

i guess if you want to do short sleeved thats all good with me.. i forgot some of you arent from north dakota... :D

the only problem i can see with red is santa blending in to the shirt.

and alideg88, she just signed up i know would like a shirt she just hasnt had time to post i think! i talked to her last night on the phone.. shes one of my friends from ac xmas camp and shes going this year too. she should be posting in the next couple of days.

i like the ash-grey shirt idea too.
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

Wait am I supposed to like...say that I want a shirt? Im a little confused but yes I want a shirt haha as long as it looks cool
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

are you guys all going to the alumni session for xmas camp, or regular?
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

im going to the ac alumni session for xmas camp. :D
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

SamM wrote: how about stars in the background...
Stars won't work well freestanding. Can you think of a design they caould go in?
Ad astra per aspera.
SamM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by SamM »

well..you could put santa and rudolph in front of pathfinder...and then put stars over that (haha)
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

What about a Christmas tree in the background with a fighter plane flying over it?

The Christmas tree would symbolise the all-too-famous Christmas tree anomaly so many of us have had during EDMs, and the fighter would tie in the AC people.

Or, what about making the whole thing some sort of mission patch type thing? A christmas tree-shaped patch with a navy blue (? colour?) background, some stars in a symbolic constellation, and maybe a plane flying by? You could add the words "Christmas Camp 2004-2005" inside the perimeter of the patch where names would normally go. (I could give you a sketch in a week or two.)

I don't know, but I thought I'd mention that. I think the tree-shaped mission patch would be unique.

I am in the process of digitally editing my drawing to make Father Christmas' arms and mid-section bigger. I am also removing the grain from the colours so it can be screen printed. Please let me know if you are adding things to the design, I would love to add them to my digital image, so please let me know...

I am having so mcuh fun helping with this t-shirt design!

PS - On the front were you thinking of putting the Hab1.com patch (image) with "HAB1.COM" written underneath it?
- Jennifer -
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

That's a great idea. I can do the background. You don't have to worry about fine touches like removing the grain, I can do that.

We haven't really discussed the front, though I think the Hab1 patch design'd work well on the left chest.
Ad astra per aspera.
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

so are santa and his reindeer going on the back...im confused
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
alideg88
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Xmas camp

Post by alideg88 »

Hey! My name's Alison and I'm going to AC III this Xmas camp, again:) I think the shirts are a great idea! (good job, Liz! -tennisrox...you're so smart) y'all have some good ideas! :D