Things seem to quiet on here

A place for ACers to come and hang out after a hard day of escape-and-evade or survival training.

Moderator: Vincent

THE_MIGHTY_AQUA
Counselor
Counselor

Things seem to quiet on here

Post by THE_MIGHTY_AQUA »

So, I have attempted to remain quiet, but it seems to quiet on here, it's time to stir it up again. Sure it's easy to rant and rave, while the events take place, but I have found it's better to take some time, let it sink in, then let emotion out with a loud BANG!!! I know most of you that will read this, will reply"Go F-off, we're tried of you, you suck!!" Well then, stop reading.
For those of you who do care, let's say we get a reaction from this past summer, now that the dust has settled. Was it all that bad? Was the schedules that off? Was the activities and organization that wrong? Was the food that bad? (Okay, yes the food did suck, it always sucks...bad example). But what I would like to read is a honest reflection. Honest stories of the good and the bad. Also, I'd was just wondering, if there is anyone out there that wants to hear the rantings of one former teammate that has gone of his rocker.
How do you feel about the future of the USSRC. Is it going in the right and/or wrong direction from your own opinion? What would you change?

As a side note to all my former teammates, friends, but mostly you were and are my family; Hope your all doing well, and enjoying whatever your doing. Miss you all (yes everyone), and wish to talk with you soon.

Let's hear reflections instead of venting for once. -Tailwinds to all-
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Well, I wasn't there this summer, but I was there at the beginning of the year. I had a lot of fun, especially since it was the off-season. The food wasn't all that bad.

As for the USSRC, marketing needs to take place. These guys need to hire some pros to make camp look better than anything they've ever done. I think that an ad in Epcot's new Mission: Space would be great. They should have an ad on the TVs in the queue (I'm assuming they're there, since I haven't been yet) and then some near the exit. That's my plan, anyway. The indisputable fact is, though, that they need to make money. A lot of old campers have gone away and they need to build up a new customer base.
Ad astra per aspera.
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

I have been going to camp since 1997 (or maybe 98, i cant remember)...either way it has been a huge part of my life. I have been going since I was old enough and soon I will be too old, however hard it is to believe that. I don't want Space Camp to die or anything, but the serious money problems aren't helping. I think if the USSRC worked more on advertising that may be a start. I think the quality of the programs at camp has gone down a little, but I honestly go for the people. Some of the activities do suck and as always the food could be better...but I still go for the people. I haven't seen any advertising for Space Camp since I was 11 and it was a prize on a game show. If no one knows about it, then of course they aren't going to get much business. I still, however, love Space Camp even if the food sucks and camp has its faults...
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00