Space Camp featured in my novel!

A forum for the discussion of actual scientific events, phenomena, space-related news, etc.

Moderator: Vincent

Revan
Camper
Camper

Space Camp featured in my novel!

Post by Revan »

Hey, all! I'm an author. This year, I finished a long-running project: Sol. Sol is a hard science fiction romance novel set in a time where most of the Solar System is colonized. I'm currently in the process of getting it published.

Space Camp is featured in the novel, though indirectly. Without going into too much detail ... Earth is governed by the ever-present entity known as the Terran Consortium, a bureaucratic conglomeration of state, private, and corporate power / assets / interests. NASA no longer exists; instead, all the globe's space programs were integrated into the Consortium Aeronautics and Space Administration, aka CASA. One of CASA's primary academies for the training of engineers and pilot is located in Huntsville, Alabama and occupies the USSRC and the former University of Alabama. My main character is a Huntsville Academy failure: he was flunked out for poor engineering, despite the fact that he is a competent pilot.

I hope and pray it gets published!
Space Camp 2005, Team Aldrin.
Space Academy 2008, Team Charon
ASA 2009, Team Von Tiesenhausen
12 Day ASA 2010, Team Liberty Bell
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Re: Space Camp featured in my novel!

Post by Benji »

Cool! If it doesn't get picked up by a publisher you can always self-publish, one of the great things about our modern world. Let us know where we can find it!
Ad astra per aspera.
Revan
Camper
Camper

Re: Space Camp featured in my novel!

Post by Revan »

Hey guys! You can now buy my novel here online. You can read it write on your PC, ereader, or smartphone.

http://voltairesbasement.webs.com/sol
Space Camp 2005, Team Aldrin.
Space Academy 2008, Team Charon
ASA 2009, Team Von Tiesenhausen
12 Day ASA 2010, Team Liberty Bell