STS-135

A forum for the discussion of actual scientific events, phenomena, space-related news, etc.

Moderator: Vincent

GoAskAimzy
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

STS-135

Post by GoAskAimzy »

I'm sure all of you are aware that the last space shuttle mission, STS-135, will be launching on Friday (T-lessthantwodays)!!! WHEEEEE!!!

I'm incredibly excited, and of course, I've got to watch it live. I will be at another science camp during the launch and I'm hoping they'll let us watch it. :)

Anyone else watching it live, whether it's from Florida or on TV? Any thoughts on this last shuttle mission?
ASA- Aug. 14-19, 2011
Team Von Tiesenhausen --- L4-15
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

The whole office at work will be pretty much shut down for two hours as we watch the launch prep and the launch itself. That is, if the weather holds out - it better!

Thoughts? The mission itself will be watched closely by many, trying to keep a good image to remember for years to come. I do see the shuttle programme receiving a lot of regognition after the fact in museums and such. It's terribly sad to see the present era of speceflight come to a close. That, and the lack of clear direction for future human spaceflight (beyond the ISS) isn't encouraging. It will be a bittersweet launch tomorrow.

Once the mission is complete, at least we'll still have the ISS. I hope it will shine in the spotlight for a long time to come.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017