Time Travel

A forum for the discussion of actual scientific events, phenomena, space-related news, etc.

Moderator: Vincent

FatMan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Time Travel

Post by FatMan »

u guys might be thinking what does this have to do with space camp heck what does it have to do with space at all. If u had listened to the st part of dr. von t's lecture u would know that time and space are interwoven. that space and time are one that you cant separate them. well any ways i do believe in time travel. well not back to the future type time travel. let me explain. i dont believe people can move back in time its just plain impossible 1 because time (mins and secs) is just a concept of measure ment. if you were able to you wouldnt know when your actuall destination is. it would require years maybe even decades of programming into a computer and no computer would be able to handle that much data heck our minds wouldnt even be able to handle that much data. and 2 u just cant move backwards in to space. i mean u can walk back ward but u wouldnt be able to move backwards.
my theory is that u can move forward in time at an alarming rate. my theory is that you can move through a milennia and only feel that a second ha gone by. the problem is that u just can get back to your departure time cause like i said its pretty darn impossible. my theory is that if light can move through a huge amount of space in a short period of time what prevents us from moving through a huge period of time in a small amount of space. think of it this way lets say time was y and space is x. now if 1000000x=y then why cant 1000000y=x. its a pretty simple concept. there are always opposite sides of the spectrum. where there is good there is evil. where there is light there is darkness. where there is strength there is weakness. so what do u guys think of my time travel theory. hey maybe if u try it u will be the first guy to get their molecules scrambled in the future. it might just work
Lovin' College
FatMan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by FatMan »

hey guys what do u think
Lovin' College
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well its not exactly dealing with time travel but it does deal with the theory of relativity and the ability to travel faster than light. I read an article today that said scientist have actually accelerated a beam of light to faster than light speed so that the beam actually completely arrived at the end point before the light beam was finished leaving the start point. Sure its only accelerating a light beam faster than the speed of light and i dont completely understand it but its a big step.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
FatMan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by FatMan »

well ive been thinking and i have an idea on how. if you have some way of stoping all the particles moving with out lowering the temp to 273.15*C its possible not to feel one thing as millenia pass by. its a form of cryogenic freezing without all that cold stuff :twisted: ::madscientist laugh::
Lovin' College
FatMan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by FatMan »

hey i know why dont i do that to myself when i find a way and leave a tag that says do not open till x-mas... i wonder if anyone will be able to stand the fact that they unleashed pure evil in this world
Lovin' College
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I don't think i would want myself frozen. I'd rather just live my life now and die when i die.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Traveler
Counselor
Counselor

Math

Post by Traveler »

Um...just to point out that the reason 1000000x = y cannot equal 1000000y = x is because its a linear one-to-one equation...it means that one input value creates one output value. 1000000x = y would be y/1000000 = x :D You could do the opposite like that over there <-- but can not change the math so x and y are equal to 1000000 times each.

Jerry

btw im a little shaky when it comes to math so if this is wrong disreguard it asap.
---Jerry---
I can die a happy man if I meet 3 other people who wear pocket protectors.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well here i am trying to revive old subjects again so here gos nothing. The only way i would want to time travel is if i could be guaranteed that i couldnt change history. I mean if your not careful even a small change to history could have huge consequences. I know the Back to the future movies are science fiction but they show good examples of how ones personal life could be changed. Well just imagine if you accidently did something that made it so someone was never born. Just a thought.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008