Auto login

Have something to say about Hab1.com? Or perhaps you'd like to make a suggestion. You can post such things relating to Hab1.com here. This forum will also be used for announcements related to the site/forum/etc.

Moderator: Vincent

Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Auto login

Post by Benji »

When I open the HabForum, I used to be logged on already. For the past week, I have had to type in my username everytime (yes, I check the box). I haven't made any changes to my settings since then I haven't installed any security software or something that would dump my cookies or anything. Any suggestions or is the problem not on my end?
Ad astra per aspera.
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Well, it does depend how often you visit.

Even if you check the box, if you don't visit the forum once every 2.5 days, you won't be logged in.

...But this probably isn't the issue for you. It's nothing on the forum's end per se...I'm logged in just fine, for instance. You might try clearing your cookies from IE (I assume this is what you're using) and everything might be alright after. I've found IE to be a pretty quirky web browser so this could fix your troubles.

Of course, I'll take this time to say how much better Mozilla and Firebird are than Internet Explorer! They're both pretty speedy (especially Firebird) and offer many more features than IE. ...And you're likely not to have these sorts of problems. Ever.
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I visit everyday and I'ver tried things like clearing by cache (it's always one of my first troubleshooting steps. I'm installing Mozilla now. Hopefully this will be as good a browser as I've heard.
Ad astra per aspera.
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Well, clearing the cache and clearing cookies are two different things...