If you Don't get your Activation Email...PLEASE READ THIS

Have something to say about Hab1.com? Or perhaps you'd like to make a suggestion. You can post such things relating to Hab1.com here. This forum will also be used for announcements related to the site/forum/etc.

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you Don't get your Activation Email...PLEASE READ THIS

Post by Vincent »

There have been a few problems with new members not receiving their account activation email when they register for the HabForum. While, at the moment, the only theory I have as to the cause of this is possible spam controls falsely filtering out automated messages form the HabForum, I can't yet be 100% sure that there isn't something wrong on this end, either.

Regardless...Though you should receive your activation email within an hour of registering (usually even sooner), if you don't receive your activation email within 3-4 hours of registering (it really should come within minutes, but sometimes email gets delayed...), please send an email to [email protected] and I will manually activate your account and let you know when I have done so.

I do apologize in advance to anyone who has to go to this amount of trouble, and I thank you all for registering.

a bit of an update: It would seem as if, thus far, hotmail users have the most problem receiving their emails, while AOL accounts generally seem to be doing okay (there are exceptions for both though, of course)...just something to think about when choosing which email address to register with...
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well the only problems i have with AOL sometimes is signing onto the forum but its ussualy not a problem.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Space Camp Brainiac
Camper
Camper

Post by Space Camp Brainiac »

I received one of the emails to activate my account. I made two. The first one didn't work, but Vincent deleted it. Now, I can hang here all I want!
stargazer0105
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by stargazer0105 »

Beware!! This site can become obsesive compulsive.
Advanced Space Academy -July 13-19, 2002-Armstrong-Pilot
Advanced Space Academy -June 28-July 4, 2003-Von Braun-Pilot
ASA 12 day June 26-July 8, 2005
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

Yeah, i didn't get mine ever, soi just signed up again with a different email account. I hadn't read this yet lol.
Space Academy
Week 40- Deimos June 26-July 1st 2005
Advanced Space Academy
Week 42- Von Tiesenhausen July 2-7 2006
Week 41- Von Tiesenhausen July 1-6 2007
Week 40 - Goddard June 27- July 4th 2008
Adult Space Academy
October 10-13th 2014 Team Discovery
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

That's okay. I fixed your dupe account.

I'm glad it worked the second time!
iheartspacecamp
Camper
Camper

Post by iheartspacecamp »

i signed up and got the email but it told me i dont have access to post or anything until the admin grants me access. it then said to wait for another email. i never got that email but i tried to login and it worked. checked my spam folder too and its not there either. just wanted to let you know! (i use gmail)
Space Camp - 4/14/91 - 4/19-91 - Saturn team
Academy I - 4/18/93 - 4/23/93 - Mart. Marietta B
Academy I - 7/3/94 - 7/8/94 - Thiokol B
Alumni Academy 8/2/07 - 8/5/07 - Columbia
empress
Camper
Camper

Post by empress »

Same for me as was for iheartspacecamp. Got the first e-mail right away, but it said I couldn't post or anything until my account was activated. I never did get another e-mail, and I did check my spam folder (I always do...) Nevertheless, for better or worse, the site is letting me post! :) PS - I have Yahoo via Explorer / Firefox.
1986-current: Enterprise Team
"I am the Commander of this ship, and I am responsible for my crew. And I say we're doing whatever we have to, to keep them all alive." - My one-time refusal to Mission Control, thus earning me my call-sign.
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Yeah...you guys registered at a time when, due to a ton of spam this board was receiving, I switched to manual activation and I'm not sure if it sends an email or not when I would manually do it. And the fact that I didn't then send an email out to let you know just makes me a terrible webmaster, I suppose!

I've taken measures to stop the spam as of late and it seems to have worked (for the time being).

It's back to the old way now though and everyone should receive an email where they can go activate their account.
empress
Camper
Camper

Post by empress »

Vincent wrote:...And the fact that I didn't then send an email out to let you know just makes me a terrible webmaster, I suppose!
Or, it just makes you a tremendously busy person who not only has a life but also generously volunteers his time to give us this forum...!

I'd love to know what spam-buster program you found -- care to share the knowledge?
1986-current: Enterprise Team
"I am the Commander of this ship, and I am responsible for my crew. And I say we're doing whatever we have to, to keep them all alive." - My one-time refusal to Mission Control, thus earning me my call-sign.