New Blooper in movie

What Space Camp forum would be complete without a place to talk about one of the best/worst movies of all time, SpaceCamp, as well as all Space Camp references in pop culture.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

New Blooper in movie

Post by Boomerang »

Ok i know we've talked about bloopers and problems with the movie before well i just watcheed it again the other day and caught another one. It has to do with the blue flight jacket Andy wears during alot of the movie. Its obviously supose to be an official nasa astronaut flight jacket it has the NASA emblem and name tag on ther. Some mnoight think the color was the wrong thing and though its trus astronauts in the 80s wore light blue flight suits and jackets on orbit they did still wear the dark blue ones on the ground. The problem comes with the NASA emblem on the jacket. It actually has 2 problems, The first is that its the NASA vector or Meatball as its commonly known and not the worm. NASA changed from the vector to the worm in 1975 and continued using it till 1992 when the vector was brought back. Andy couldnt have been selected as an astronaut before 1978 since that was the first time women astronauts were selected. So her flight suit ave the worm emblem for those of you who arent familiar with it it was the white NASA emblem that was on space camp flight suits till just a few years ago some of you might still have it on your flight suit. The second problem falls with the version of the vector it is. The one Andy wears also the one now on the space camp flight suits was used during project mercury and the early days of Gemini before being replaced by the current version. The main diffrence the red swoosh on the old version didnt come outside of the circle the patch was perfectly round. This is the one NASA used from Gemini -1975 and then from 1992 to the present. Space camp for some odd reason also put the old version on their flight suits instead of the new one. So basicly the blooper with the patch is its the wrong patch for the wrong era, Even if she had bought a vector patch that was l;eftover in 1978 when selected as an astronaut if that was her class it should have been the newer version not the older one.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
AC_Shrek
Counselor
Counselor

Post by AC_Shrek »

There is enough wrong with that movie that you really dont have to dig THAT deep. lol
Former and maybe future AC/SA Counselor
spacecampaddict28
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by spacecampaddict28 »

yeah i definately agree. but the last night of christmas camp we did watch the mary kate and ashley space camp mystery movie and it was pretty bad, though not as bad as the movie space camp. It was made when all of the sims were still on the TCF. You could see that westar satellite and enterprise in the background it was pretty cool
ASA Xmas Camp 05 (last one :()
ASA 12-day July 05
ASA 8-day Xmas Camp 04
ASA 8-day July 04
ASA June 04
ASA March 04
ASA Xmas Camp 03
ASA July 03
ASA March 03
ASA Xmas Camp 02
ASA Xmas Camp 01
SA 00
AC Mach II 99
SA 98
SC 97
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Oh believe me i knoiw the movie has problems. And most of them have been pointed out overthe years here in this board. but i'm a real technical nitpicker when it comes to space movies and just felt the needto vent on that one. And i still think space camp should have used the right patch on their current flight suit.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

spacecampaddict28 wrote:yeah i definately agree. but the last night of christmas camp we did watch the mary kate and ashley space camp mystery movie and it was pretty bad, though not as bad as the movie space camp. It was made when all of the sims were still on the TCF. You could see that westar satellite and enterprise in the background it was pretty cool
We played the Space Camp/ERS drinking game while watching it!
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Was this in EALD? 'cause I sure don't remember it.
Ad astra per aspera.
AC_Shrek
Counselor
Counselor

Post by AC_Shrek »

they didnt do an RCS burn right...I dont think they were worrying about details all that much
Former and maybe future AC/SA Counselor
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

Benji wrote:Was this in EALD? 'cause I sure don't remember it.
Yes. There were only 7 of us in EALD and me, Hillary and Sara played the drinking game. (with pop)
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
AstroGirl
Camper
Camper

Post by AstroGirl »

Except I know I've seen pictures of *real* female astronauts taken in the 80's where they have the vector/meatball logo on their jackets. I've heard they stopped using the vector before, but that doesn't explain why they still wore them in those photographs...
"Kiss my aft!"
"OMFG The bus is on fire!"
SA Allied Signal 1999
ASA Shepard 2001
ASA Tereshkova 2002
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Alot of astronauts still wore the vector in the 80s even though it wasnt being used anymore. However the ones you see in pictures of even 80s astronauts is the current version of the emblem. The one andy was wearing hasnt been worn by astronauts since the 1960's. Its the same one that space camp now puts on their flight suits. It hasnjt been used by NASA since the early Gemini program when it was replaced with the version that NASA is now using again.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008