Questions Regarding Computer Access

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Questions Regarding Computer Access

Post by Vincent »

I was reading through the small packet of information I received with my employment offer and it mentioned that "The U.S. Sapce Camp Habitat facility has a wardroom for RA counselors. The wardroom is equipped with washers, dryers, TV, computer, and a microwave."

I was wondering, does the computer in the wardroom have internet access? How would you describe the computer itself (old/new, good/bad, fast/slow, etc.)?

I'm debating whether I should look into getting a laptop. I've avoided the need for one so far, but camp might be a good argument for one.

...Do the counselor rooms in Hab1/2 have internet access?

Is it even necessary to have your own computer there?

Thoughts? Opinions? etc?

Thanks!
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

I've only breifly seen the inside of one of the RA rooms, and it did look like there was a computer in there. Seeing as Hab 2 has high speed access, I'd be willing to bet that Hab 1 probably does for the RAs, too.

Just my guess.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

My friend Jerry is a counselor there now (RA, (Traveler on the board)) And i can mail him and ask him. However you will probably get a response faster on here lol, but i'll do it anyway. I do know that the ward room has a computer with internet access which a lot of people use for mail and such.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
Who
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Who »

The wardroom has a old beat up computer. I dont think you can read/write to the drive on it. Its more of an internet terminal then anything else. You can check your hotmail, look at hab1.com, etc.

All the rooms in the hab have a phone line, you can use dail up there on your personal machines or risk getting a smack down from IS and plug into the highspeed network in the wardroom. I know alot of conselours that use their own computers and they are very helpful to have.
AC Callsign - Who?
USSRC Assistant Graphic/Web Designer 2004-06
Counselor 2002-04
Traveler
Counselor
Counselor

Ward Room Computer

Post by Traveler »

Yeah the computer in the Ward room is sad. Poor little pentium 200mhz still bragging about mmx lol. It is however high speed internet access, although they dont even let us put MSN messenger or any messenger on it... luckily its possible to get online using AOL instant messenger express, when we have the time. Its also a system designed for Windows 95, running windows 2k....kinda scary. oh well
---Jerry---
I can die a happy man if I meet 3 other people who wear pocket protectors.