I Think I Got the Job!

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

I Think I Got the Job!

Post by Vincent »

I just got off the phone with the Sr. VP of Human Resources, Marion Cox.

...I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a job offer to work as a counselor! :D

Woot!

...unfortunately, she said that they don't have any ASA spots open for the summer, so I'll probably be doing Space Academy stuff. A small disappointment, to be sure (I won't get to help with the 24 hour missions nor will I have much of a chance to meet people from this board), but it's been a few years for me since I did Space Academy (Level I), so it should still be fun!

She said the video I made (you have to make one which serves as an interview) was "awesome." If anyone working around camp right now wants to be entertained (and just me, I think you will be) for about five minutes or so, pop in and ask to see it...

Regardless, wish me luck! I didn't get the impression that it was a complete lock yet, but I did get the impression that I probably shouldn't be worried about not being offered a position...I'll probably know for sure and with all of the details in a week or so...

Wish me luck!

Well, I got it! See here!
Last edited by Vincent on Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Who »

Grats..! I have no doubt that you will be hired -- we are always pressed for excellent folks. I know you probably want to work at SC, but AC is in dire need of counselors.
Last edited by Who on Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AC Callsign - Who?
USSRC Assistant Graphic/Web Designer 2004-06
Counselor 2002-04
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Congratulations Vincent!

I hope all goes well with the final confirmation of your job as a counsellor at Space Camp!

While you're there you can give us all the insider information. In addition, you can direct all your trainees to your great website. I can see the population of this forum multiplying at an exponential rate! (Wow, doesn't that sound scientific - ha!)

Once again, great work Vincent!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
coffeediver
Counselor
Counselor

Post by coffeediver »

Be prepared for a wakeup call. :twisted:
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

Vincent, you do great stuff. 8)
Ad astra per aspera.
REDBeckyD
Counselor
Counselor

Post by REDBeckyD »

Vincent - Congratulations! I wish I could head back this summer as well, but I have a job during the summer doing research for the CDC in Atlanta. Working at Camp is incredible - the other counselors are phenomenal people who obviously love working at the USSRC. Have a wonderful summer!

If you have any questions about exam material, etc., feel free to send me a note. Although I worked ASA, my boyfriend worked SA, and can surely pass on any tips from when he was there in 2001... Let me know. :-)

Once again, congrats, and enjoy your summer!
Academy II, Spring 1996
ASA, Christmas Camp 1997-1998

ASA Counselor, 2001 and 2003
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

During the July Special Session, I'll make sure my team is constant on the lookout for you. If you're working then, that is.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."