Great Counselors!

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

Right Stuff
Camper
Camper

Post by Right Stuff »

When i went to AC the 2 counclers which were the coolest were: our councler: Pooky.... and Yoshi tho he was doing SpaceCamp at the time, he did come over to AC alot for E&E and such... he had just come back from Iraq and had some awesome Pics he showed me from there... cool guys~
Aviation Challenge Mach III April 30-May 5
Team: Blacklions
Team Leader: Callsign Pooky
My Callsign: SPAM (as origional Mercury 7 astronauts were called "spam in a can")
Others Callsigns on team: Sheila, Comet, Jetlag, Nemo, Squack
Repeat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Repeat »

Lingo is not back this summer.

I've discovered that being here as a counselor gives you a MUCH different perspective on the counselors than you have when you're here as a camper (yes, Repeat is speaking from experience).

Most of the AC counselors for this summer were new hires and cross-trainers. Only a few of us returned from previous summers. I'm about to start a new thread in the barracks about all the new management in case anyone is interested.
AC M2/M2-12 day counselor 05/06 Repeat
AC MIII W 43-03 (Jolly Rogers)
ASA W 42-03 (Oberth)
AC MIII W 49-01 (Silver Eagles)
ASA W 48-01 (Tereshkova)
ASA W 48-00 (Von Braun)
AC MIII 47-00 (Gun Slingers)
AC MII 39-99 (Falcons)
SA W 39-98 (Coke)
rycho626
Camper
Camper

Post by rycho626 »

my counselor was friends with yoshi. they'd spray kids with waterguns and then act all innocent. pretty funny.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

My favorite counsilor would have to be Lindsay, she was awesome, she's the young redhead in case anyone didn't know, and I had her for SA last year i was in deimos. She was really nice. Julie is relaly cool too. I had her this year. I also had Robby and Pat, but they weren't quite as cool. Anyhow, yeah, i loved SA and ASA.
Space Academy
Week 40- Deimos June 26-July 1st 2005
Advanced Space Academy
Week 42- Von Tiesenhausen July 2-7 2006
Week 41- Von Tiesenhausen July 1-6 2007
Week 40 - Goddard June 27- July 4th 2008
Adult Space Academy
October 10-13th 2014 Team Discovery
raplie
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by raplie »

I had Lindsay last year, she was REALLY nice.
Oscar is awesome too.
James was nice, except when he FORCED us to watch the Time for Courage thing just to prove a point DURING OUR SCHEDULED DINNER.
Dana was AWESOME, let us sing on the top of our lungs "We are the Champions," "We Will Rock You," and the theme of the Fresh Prince of Bel-air

Yeah, I love all of my counselors

Except the ones I had my first year (Space Camp)
Aquaswife
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Aqua

Post by Aquaswife »

Just wondering if Aqua and HighSpeed are still together? Aqua was my counselor back in 2003 and I'd LOVE to get in touch with him. I always had a crush on him but HighSpeed is kind of intimidating. If anyone has some information I'd LOVE to know what's going on. I bet they got married but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they broke up.
coffeediver
Counselor
Counselor

Re: Aqua

Post by coffeediver »

Aquaswife wrote:I bet they got married but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they broke up.
What a wonderful thing to wish for. Don't look for Aqua to come crawling to you, he has better things to do.
Casper
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Casper »

As a close, personal friend of Highspeed, I'd recommend you not go searching for Aqua. If you thought she was intimidating then, you shouldn't even consider messing with her now. Highspeed has read this and isn't very happy - you may want to watch your back young one, she's trying to figure out who you are. Plus the whole counselor/trainee thing - that's a little gross and depending on your age, maybe illegal.
Joker
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Joker »

Casper wrote:As a close, personal friend of Highspeed, I'd recommend you not go searching for Aqua. If you thought she was intimidating then, you shouldn't even consider messing with her now. Highspeed has read this and isn't very happy - you may want to watch your back young one, she's trying to figure out who you are. Plus the whole counselor/trainee thing - that's a little gross and depending on your age, maybe illegal.
Wow. That's like watching someone get slimed with a great big, satisfying bucket of "Awkward."

Rock on.
U.S. Space Camp, May 1985
Aviation Challenge Staff, 1996-1997
"Livin' in fear's just another way of dyin' before your time." -- Drive-By Truckers
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

fav

Post by jagsvolleyball14 »

hey right stuff...i had pooky and well he is well pooky..yea im speechless on a word to describe him...liz maybe you can help??...lol..but yea my vote goes for bambi...he was an awesome counsler really kool about everything(we were a "special" team...lol liz u kno)
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-03;counsler-Katie&Scooby
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles
-xmas-04;counslers-Sparky&Stumps

AC machIII blacklions
-xmas-05;counslers-Pooky&RG
-xmas-06;counslers-Bambi&Shaggy
-xmas-07;counslers-Opie&Snapper
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

lol.. well, pooky was special... but I agree, Bambi was definitely one of the coolest counselors ever... he made the week fun and ever so eventful!
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

yea

o yea and word has it pooky was fired...lol
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles

AC machIII blacklions
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

Pooky was hilarious, he fell asleep last summer during the IMAX Movie. His kids tried to get up and leave without him, but hewoke up at the last second because someone threw a milkdud and it hit him in the head. Classic

I'll have been to AC for 5 years this summer, my last as a trainee :cry: . but my favorite counselour was Clips. He was awesome!! I still talk to him from time to time, he's helping me get into college. There was a never a dull moment, and if anyone had him, then they probably got to hear his LOTR "DOWN BIATCH" Impression, my favorite by far
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
Aviation Challenge Crew Trainer 2010-2011 - Starbuck
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

hahah ... milkdud to the head...
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

its okay he really took it like a man when he flew out of his seat. Of course he had to be super nice because I was reaching over to wake him up, and when he milkdud hit in the head he flipped and jumped up and me being "Madam Vertigo" lost my balance and def almost fell into the row in front of me. Of course all of us having been in the IMAX know that could be a pretty nasty fall. Pooky had to uh... assist me in not falling Good relexes I must say
MACH II - 03 Hook/Jinx - Eagles(Anime) - Week 38 Right Stuff · MACH III - 04 Okra/Jinx - Blacklions(Snort) · MACH III - 05 Clips/Fish - Blacklions(Spyder) · MACH III - 06 Shaggy - Pukin Dogs(Stargate) · MACH III Elite - 07 Hawg/Forecast - Vigilanties(Spyder)
jagsvolleyball14
Camper
Camper

haha liz...yea thats a classic..lmao
SC-01;counsler-Katie
SA-04;counsler-dusty&?

AC machII eagles

AC machIII blacklions
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

pooky quit my team after 2 days (he couldn't handle us)... we threw him in the lake at grad.. which apparently (according to shaggy) broke his cellphone.. oops
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

We tried to throw Okra in the lake one night when he was in BDU's, but if anyone ever knew Okra, the guy is really tall, and he ended up spralwed holding into the rails over on the walkway across the lake, with about 8 Mach III's tugging on him. Didnt work, but he did throw some of them in the lake, I stood and watched like a good girl, though he did toss me his cell phone just in case
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

I think okra is on this forum
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
Spyder
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Spyder »

He is indeed, I think I saw a post he made around here somewhere