Great Counselors!

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

1MileCrash
Camper
Camper

Post by 1MileCrash »

anybody know of a counselor from, when i was there, 1999 for Advanced Academy named Tase. i think he said he was in the marines or joining the marines or...something involving marines...and for some reason aviation is sticking in my head as well.

i think my counselors names from '98 for Academy were both Kelli...or Kelly...i can't remember...i'll have to try to find my journal from it all.

and my personal favorite is Kaz Vogelgesang from FL back in '97. last i knew he worked for NASA...haven't spoken with him in a long time though.
Space Camp - July 1997, Titusville, FL, Team Orion
Space Academy - July 1998, Huntsville, AL, Team BDM
Advanced Space Academy - July 1999, Huntsville, AL, Team Gagarin
Hollywood
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Hollywood »

Shaggy is phenominal!

He put up with my crazy team all week, all by himself because our night counselor was sick and couldn't come. He never once got mad at us, or yelled, or anything. The one time things got out of control he just stopped the briefing, sat down, and didn't talk for about 20 min. untill we calmed down and got the point. After that we behaved. I would LOVE to have him again, he was the best!
Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win!
Proud pilot to Spyder.
Mach II 2003- Hook and Jinx
Mach II 2004- Mongo and Snakebite
Mach III 2005- Miagi and Fidget
Mach III 2006- Shaggy
Callsign: HOLLYWOOD- always
FETUS ALLAHLALALALALALALALALALALALA!
kimmern123
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by kimmern123 »

I just returned today from International Space Camp in Huntsville, and I must say it was probably the best experience in my life. I think our counselors contributed a lot to make the week as good as it was.

My daytime counselor was Ellie, she was a class act! She also did our graduation.

My nighttime counselor was Percy who also was terrific. I had many talks and discussions with him about a whole lot of things.

They were both also very interested in learning about our different countries (my team were all internationals)

I could not've asked for better counselors
Rabbit
Counselor
Counselor

Re: I'm old school

Post by Rabbit »

CounselorKate wrote:
Bubbles7 wrote:Kinda, not really, but haven't been in a few years. But I had to add my faves, or at least staff I loved: Ballistic, Grunt, Pyro, Beaver, Bean, Kodak, Rabbit, Montano.. OH YEA!!! Of course Doolittle. I miss them all, and I think they are all gone, lol.
I miss Grunt, too; does anyone know what happened to him? Did he ever get his vision fixed?
I saw a picture of Montano this summer on the sims pit computer but couldn't remember his name. I only remembered that he was Montana's little brother.
I saw Doolittle last summer at someone's house but haven't seen him since.
Yeah, I know this is old, but I just discovered the site today. ;) I just wanted to add that Rory (Montano) is not Scott's little brother (Montana). They (and Jeremy Weaver from Space Camp) are all from the same little town in Montana and went to school together. I think other than Huntsville, this town of 600 may have the highest per capita counselor rate. ;) As for what they're doing now, Montana is working, Weaver is in grad school, and Montano is in grad school and married...to me. :) Ballistic was in our wedding. Lots of fun!

And on a side note, anyone know how to get a hold of Doolittle? And hello to all those counselors out there I had the chance to work with and hang out with (so far I've seen Spanky, Sandrat, Pyro, & Joker).

-Liz/Rabbit

P.S. Thanks Bubbles!

"Stay alert, stay alive"
Last edited by Rabbit on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Post by ACluvR »

Haha. I just saw your other post on another board... I had heard from Ballistic that you guys had gotten married. Montano was my counselor one Christmas camp.... anyways. You guys left after that... Anyways... again... I like to see my favorite people from a while ago. :D
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

AC:06/99, 07/00, 12/00, 07/01, 12/01, 12/02: Counselors were Moondoggie, Krispy, Ace, Sparky, Montano, Pyro, Lurch, Bean:) I also miss Ballistic, Grunt, Doolittle
Rabbit
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Rabbit »

ACluvR wrote: Montano was my counselor one Christmas camp....
That Christmas Camp was crazy. I had to call home to Michigan and explain that I wouldn't be to work on time because Alabama had a "blizzard." The highways were all shut town and we couldn't drive home. When my job asked how much it snowed....I had to tell them 1"....that was embarrassing!! (6" is normal where I grew up, roads aren't shut down until at LEAST a foot). I got laughed at a lot.

So we spent our time hanging out some more and teaching our southern Sprocket friends to drive in the snow. Mostly Doolittle I think.

That was my only Christmas Camp, but it was a lot of fun! Good to hear from you Bubbles!

-Rabbit
ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Post by ACluvR »

Yeah. I got home to Tampa a day late. The snow was crazy. I have some awesome pics of the aircraft with snow on it somewhere...
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

AC:06/99, 07/00, 12/00, 07/01, 12/01, 12/02: Counselors were Moondoggie, Krispy, Ace, Sparky, Montano, Pyro, Lurch, Bean:) I also miss Ballistic, Grunt, Doolittle
TopGun
Camper
Camper

Post by TopGun »

Shadow was an awesome counselor.
Revan
Camper
Camper

Post by Revan »

TopGun wrote:Shadow was an awesome counselor.
I've heard good things about Shadow. Never met him/her, though.

My favorites are definitely Jeremy and Baywatch.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BAYWATCH! ALL HAIL!
Space Camp 2005, Team Aldrin.
Space Academy 2008, Team Charon
ASA 2009, Team Von Tiesenhausen
12 Day ASA 2010, Team Liberty Bell
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

I just had Tyler Brown and Rachel Acuna for ASA, they were probably the best counselors I've had there.
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
Billy
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by Billy »

DanM wrote:I just had Tyler Brown and Rachel Acuna for ASA, they were probably the best counselors I've had there.
I had Rachel too as my night counselor and Jameel Lewis for daytime they were hand down the best "team trainers" ever. Did Rachel try telling you guys she was 42?lol
ASA 2011 week 37 team oberth
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

Billy wrote:
DanM wrote:I just had Tyler Brown and Rachel Acuna for ASA, they were probably the best counselors I've had there.
I had Rachel too as my night counselor and Jameel Lewis for daytime they were hand down the best "team trainers" ever. Did Rachel try telling you guys she was 42?lol
Lol, yeah. Did she also tell you guys that her last name was Armstrong?

Bay 205-Team Orville

Bay 221-Team Von Braun
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

Wow, I just found this thread again. I worked at camp in '09 and love all the counselors I worked with.
When I went as a camper (a decade ago!) I remember Joel (obviously), JJ, Drew, Arminda, Brandon, Krispy and Brent, and all of them were awesome.
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
GoAskAimzy
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by GoAskAimzy »

Akeem Davis and Heather Anders were GREAT counselors. I had soooo much fun with them!!!

And Revan, one of my teammates had Baywatch when he came to camp last year and he spent EVERY meal time bothering him, going "HI BAYWATCH!!" and waving like a maniac. It was really funny. :)
ASA- Aug. 14-19, 2011
Team Von Tiesenhausen --- L4-15
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

GoAskAimzy wrote:Akeem Davis and Heather Anders were GREAT counselors. I had soooo much fun with them!!!

And Revan, one of my teammates had Baywatch when he came to camp last year and he spent EVERY meal time bothering him, going "HI BAYWATCH!!" and waving like a maniac. It was really funny. :)
AKEEM! He was soooooooo awesome. He was my spaceghost on the EDM. He let my team mates wrap me up in real duct tape when I had to go crazy. Instead of stopping them he just stood and laughed. :lol:

Bay 205-Team Orville

Bay 221-Team Von Braun
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

DanM wrote:He let my team mates wrap me up in real duct tape
As opposed to fake duct tape? Fake wouldn't be fun. Real is the only way to go. ;)
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017