I Need an Email

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

Gage Morgan
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

I Need an Email

Post by Gage Morgan »

Does anyone know Roger St. Louis's email address? He gave me one, but I got an error 550-550, or an error that the email doesn't exist and isn't set up on the server. Any help?
street
Counselor
Counselor

Re: I Need an Email

Post by street »

You can send him an email via [email protected]. Counselors are not allowed to give their private email to trainees and are not allowed to enter into correspondence with child trainees.
Living the dream
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Huh? Can counselors not correspond with trainees? Back in the day we could write letters, is that not the same as an email nowadays?
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Things have certainly changed! One of my ASA counsellors became a good friend of mine via email after camp.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

Hotdog wrote:Huh? Can counselors not correspond with trainees? Back in the day we could write letters, is that not the same as an email nowadays?
Yes it's the same thing but due to various "child protection policies" (or whatever the specific name for the policy is) that sort of thing tends to be frowned upon these days. I work with kids and youth at my church and am always amazed when I go through the policy. And that's at a fairly small church where pretty much everyone knows everyone. But, unfortunately, these type of things are assumed to be needed now both for the protection of the kids but also for the protection of the adults. Even one false accusation of wrong doing can cause all sorts of problems for an individual, even if it's eventually proven to be false. It's sad but a fact of life in the world we live in today.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

gt0163c has it exactly in one. One accusation would be disastrous. I've removed young friends from my Facebook account once they attended Space Camp, just to remove any doubt; even though I am a family friend and know their parents well .
Living the dream