how strict are they about college credits/grades?

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

astrogirll
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

how strict are they about college credits/grades?

Post by astrogirll »

I have about 21 hours of college credits, but i was interested in applying to be a counselor at space camp. Does anyone know how strict they are about college credits and grades? I wasn't the BEST student ever, but I didn't do horribly either. I have quite a bit of work experience and volunteered at a space museum for 2 years doing demonstrations and tours and such. I would LOVE to work there and was just curious if I should try to apply or if they wouldn't look at it because I don't have the 30 hours. Thank you :)
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

I think that's always "one of those things."

Officially, they're very strict on them.

Unofficially, they're very strict on them.

Super-unofficially, you could always ask. If they think they might be short of staff, and you're not too many credits short...

One never knows...
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

'Life experience' is also taken into consideration. Your best bet is to call Lauren Bice, the recruiter, at HR and talk to her. She'll give you the answer. Call soon, as the last training for the season will be beginning soon!
Living the dream
Jitters
Counselor
Counselor

Re: how strict are they about college credits/grades?

Post by Jitters »

astrogirll wrote:I have about 21 hours of college credits, but i was interested in applying to be a counselor at space camp. Does anyone know how strict they are about college credits and grades? I wasn't the BEST student ever, but I didn't do horribly either. I have quite a bit of work experience and volunteered at a space museum for 2 years doing demonstrations and tours and such. I would LOVE to work there and was just curious if I should try to apply or if they wouldn't look at it because I don't have the 30 hours. Thank you :)
Hi there!
We are very strict on the policy that you need 30 college credit hours unless you have life experience working with kids, aerospace, or aviation. However, this is decided on a case by case basis and does not apply to all applicants. You can email me at [email protected] if you have anymore questions.

Lauren
Lauren "Jitters" Bice