tentative job offer

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

kap
Counselor
Counselor

tentative job offer

Post by kap »

I had a phone interview today with the USSRC HR people and a program leader, they gave me a tentative job offer! Its really exciting. Is there anything I am not thinking of that I need to ask? Any suggestions of things to bring beyond the packing list? Any advice about being a counselor?

-KAP
Last edited by kap on Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space Camp Team Leader Jan 2008-May 2008: One of the Best Jobs I've Ever Had

Mach III - Spring 2002 - Spring 2003, Top Gun 02
Mach II - Spring 1998 - Spring 2001, Top Gun 99, 01
Space Camp FLORIDA - Spring 1996-Spring 1997
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

When did you put in your application? I still have not heard anything and mine was put in pretty early.
As far as what to bring a phone for one it wasnt on last years packing list. And by phone i mean a land line phone. Cell phones can not be used for on call.

Make sure if letters of recomendation have not been sent in ahead of time you bring them and transcript copies.

If you are not flying down and can afford to cary some stuff with you bring stuff for your room. Temporary shelving is good. Something to put on the wall anything to make your concrete sell feel more like home.

A lap top with wireless connection is good if possible, There are computers in the ward room you can use but they are often being used.

Keep in mind though you will be living in a 10x10 room probably with a roommate so not all the space is yours.

Also bring a notebook and pens for note taking in training. Their is a lot to learn and not much time to learn it and when you are getting ready for tests notes can come in handy. A lap top also lets you look at other potential sources of information besides your notes and training manual.

Also if you find out where you are living if its in hab 2 bring some kind of desk lamp because believe me when that light is shut off in that room it's dark as a tomb in there and you will have a very hard time seeing especially after working a 16 hour day.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Very cool!

Well, assuming you take the job, you'll have to make sure you sign the Hab1 poster sometime!
JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

Post by JennieM »

Boomerang wrote:There are computers in the ward room you can use but they are often being used.
My how times have changed! LOL

Congrats, kap!!! Hope it all works out! :D
Adult Space Academy - September 1990
Space Academy Level I Counselor - Summers 1991, 1992, & 1993