Life After Space Camp

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

Life After Space Camp

Post by JennieM »

I wanted to share this with everyone. Maybe a bit of inspiration, if you will. When I was a counselor, I was good friends with a fellow counselor named Dwayne Pittman. (Note to self, tell him about this board). We were counselors together in 1991 for SA Level I. In 1992 & 1993, he worked SA Level II. We're still friends to this day.

After he graduated from Embry Riddle, married his high school sweetheart (beautiful wedding), and worked for a bit in Central Florida. Then, he got THE call. The call that most of us dream about as campers and counselors.

Dwayne was going to Houston.

Johnson Space Flight Center.

Our former counselor was going to work in THE Mission Control!!! No more pretend, this was for real!

While at Johnson, he got to experience the ride of a lifetime. These pics are from a year ago. Click on the below links to check him out. :D

http://zerog.jsc.nasa.gov/2006WYOP/May_ ... viewer.cgi

http://zerog.jsc.nasa.gov/2006WYOP/May_ ... viewer.cgi

FYI, he's now working at Marshall on the Guidance, Navigation, Control aspects of Constellation. How cool is that?!
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

The sign on habI never lies!
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun
iheartspacecamp