Training is Done !!!!!!!

A forum for discussion about, questions to, and general musings about the people that really make the Space Camp programs possible.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Training is Done !!!!!!!

Post by Boomerang »

Ok we still have to see a graduation tommorow then we have our own as well but we are done with everythinbg else now. It has been a great experiance and i cant wait to start working regularly. I will try to post more detailed info this weekend.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

also i will try to post some pictures this weekend on the hab 1 photo portal.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

Post by JennieM »

Two weeks seemed to last forever, but it was always a great feeling when it was done. Congratulations!!!

Now don't let the kids run you over. ;)
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Woohoo! I graduated!
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

It is now official the Aviation Challenge Class of summer 07 counselors has graduated. It has been a hot, sometimes long sometimes tough 2 weeks but i can honestly say that i have had a blast already and the summer is just beginning. If anyone is considering apllying for a counselor job next year i'd say do it.

A few words on training. If you apply dont come down here expecting a cake walk and to just breeze through things. Training is intense in many ways its like being a camper but you have to be accountable for all the information you learn and beable to teach it to others. All the counselorsdown here are held to tough standards to get in and there are some who dont make it though the majority of our group did. You are tested on everything you need to know and passing is required for completiing training. Days sometimes seem long but it is alot to cram into two weeks. And this year AC has several new aditions to its programs that look like they willbe great but some are still being fine tuned a bit.

All that being said dont get me wrong. The last 2 weeks have been an incredible experiance. Part of me still cant believe i'm here living working and getting paid to be at a place where i love to be. I have met people from all over the country with many diffrent backgrounds and experiances. Heck we had a member of our class who is an actual graduate of Top Gun. Our group is motivated and ready to get started on what looks like it willbe an incredible summer. Between the 25th anniversary celebration, new program additions, a great group of cpunselors on both sides and the ussual craziness and fun thats always been part of this place this summer is going to be a great one. I look forward to seeing many of you down here for the anniversary and alumni camps.

I will be posting some photos to the photo portal in a few days some from the spaceside most from our training class at AC and more throughout the summer to come.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

I am glad to hear things are going well down at USSRC and AC so far. Take care, have fun, and good luck!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017